Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I see a lot of discussion about Madden for the 360... (/forums/showthread.php?t=176772)

ChiTownKid 07-24-2006 06:27 PM

I see a lot of discussion about Madden for the 360...

But what about those of us sticking with current gen? What can regular XBox owners expect from Madden 07?

GaloTorres 07-24-2006 06:54 PM

Re: I see a lot of discussion about Madden for the 360...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
But what about those of us sticking with current gen? What can regular XBox owners expect from Madden 07?

I see you have a gametag therefore i assume u have a 360... if that is the case then why in the hell would you want current gen over 360

madden is going to blow the doors of current gen... ea has now had the game for 2 years for the 360 and their attention is on that game... do yourself a favor and get the 360

BigD 07-24-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Other than leadblocker control and a roster update I think that's about it.

Jr. 07-24-2006 07:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the updated Superstar mode is in there. At least I hope so.

ComfortablyLomb 07-24-2006 08:50 PM

I think EA is pretty much done with spending time and money on current gen. They'll crank out a version because it will make money but they're not going to put the effort into it that past years have received. Maybe some minor tweaks to the gameplay and sim engine, other than that I wouldn't expect a ton. Honestly, I'm not hoping for a ton this year, just that the 360 version is playable unlike last year (I know some people loved it - sorry guys). Next year is the one that I'm expecting to be awesome, though I wouldn't complain if they surprised me this year...

ChiTownKid 07-25-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaloTorres
I see you have a gametag therefore i assume u have a 360... if that is the case then why in the hell would you want current gen over 360

Umm... Xbox Live has been in existence for, what, 5 years now? Why would I need a 360 to have a gamertag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaloTorres
madden is going to blow the doors of current gen... ea has now had the game for 2 years for the 360 and their attention is on that game... do yourself a favor and get the 360

I'll get the 360 when there are games out for it that I actually want to play. And I'm not dropping $500 just to play one football game. I'll be sticking with the regular XBox for now, thanks.

dubplate 07-25-2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

The same game you've been playing for several years.

coogrfan 07-25-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubplate
The same game you've been playing for several years.

Quote:

Lead Blocker Control:
Throw the perfect block and create a running lane with all-new lead blocking control, and then take command of the tailback and rip off a big gain.

NFL Superstar: Hall of Fame Mode:
Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field. Your actions on and off the field determine your impact on the game.

Run Like the Players Run with the All-New Highlight Stick:
Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field). All-new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.

Additions to Franchise Mode:
Scout collegiate prospects with the all-new NFL Draft Scouting System and the College All-Star Game, or watch players around the NFL impact their teams with the new Franchise Player Roles feature.

Team-Specific Defensive Playbooks:
For the first time, use actual plays from your favorite team's defensive playbook to shut down the running game, pressure the quarterback, or force key turnovers.

Online Play:
Climb the leaderboard as you take on your biggest rivals from coast-to-coast in Play Now or Session Match games.
That hardly sounds like the "same game" to me. Imo the two biggies are the new highlight stick moves (no more bowling over lb's with a 200 rb :woot: ), and the new defensive playbooks.

Personally I'm not much interested in Superstar mode, but it's definitely unlike anything that has come before. It will be a fundamentally different experience from traditional console sports titles. There will be specific controls for each position, and success or failure will be measured as much by how you perform as an individual as by whether your team wins or loses.

The difference this year is that you will be controlling your player only. If you create a wr, you'll spend your time running routes (marked on the field a la the coaches cam) and blocking downfield. If you create an o-lineman, your focus will be the one-on-one battle with the d- lineman opposite you.

You will have no direct control over the playcalling or your teammates. You do have the option to play traditional Madden on the opposite side of the ball(i.e. if you create a rb, you can play defense or let the cpu handle it). If you do your job well enough the coaches will call your # more often, but ultimately it's out of your hands. It's the closest thing to a true sports rpg in console history.