Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=177511)

ESPNdeportes 07-29-2006 03:45 PM

Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

Well Bengals fans,

One of the longest off-seasons ever is over! The team officially starts training camp tonight at Georgetown College. In honor of the event, I thought I'd start a team thread for the year to discuss training camp, predictions, position battles, injuries, and the games once they begin.

I'll start off with my early predictions for the year. In all honesty, I think the Bengals are going to miss the playoffs this year. I don't think the garbage this off-season is a big factor, aside from Thurman's 4 game suspension. The two things that worry me are: 1. the schedule and 2. Carson Palmer.

The schedule is obvious. Going into the year, its the toughest schedule for any team on paper. I think objectively, this team is better than last year's. However, they don't get the benefit of playing the terrible NFC north this year (they play the NFC south), plus they play the Pats, Colts, Chiefs, and Bronco's. As for Palmer, anytime after an injury like that, you wonder how he's going to hold up physically and mentally.

I, of course, hope my prediction is wrong and the Bengals make it to the playoffs again this year. With the cornerstones of the franchise tied down long-term, the Bengals are going to be good for a long time!

ESPNdeportes 07-29-2006 03:48 PM

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Official Thread 2006-2007: Who Dey!!

In other news, the Bengals reached an agreement with their speedy first round draft pick, CB Jonathon Joseph. It's a five year deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5828328

EaglesFan 07-29-2006 04:13 PM

What is the latest on Palmer?

SlimKibbles 07-29-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaglesFan
What is the latest on Palmer?

They expect him to be the starting QB week 1 @ KC. Marvin has been saying that for a while now. The thing is he just never goes into detail about it, which is why everyone keeps asking him about it. If Palmer misses any time this year, they're screwed.

I'm excited about the 2006 season. The schedule is tough. Not much margin for error. Every home game, including preseason, is sold out this year already. Folks are pumped.

EaglesFan 07-30-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspecialK
Every home game, including preseason, is sold out this year already. Folks are pumped.

Wow, that's freakin awesome. When was the last time you could say that?

I hope Palmer is good to go for week 1 also, he's the real deal and the NFL needs more guys like that.

SlimKibbles 07-30-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaglesFan
Wow, that's freakin awesome. When was the last time you could say that?...

They came close last year. Honestly, I think the last time they may have done it was back in the Ickey Shuffle days of the late 80's or maybe 1990.

ODogg 07-31-2006 06:21 PM

Go Bengals and remember if you can't win the Super Bowl then do the next best thing, make sure Cleveland and Pittsburgh, ESPECIALLY Pittsburgh, don't get there baby!!!!

sportsdude 07-31-2006 10:35 PM

If the team was smart, they would hold Carson out the first and maybe second weeks of regular season. Carson may be ready to play, but that doesn't mean it's a sound idea. I'd rather have a 100% Carson for 14 games than a 85% Carson for the whole season. Maybe it's just me.