Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Interceptions (/forums/showthread.php?t=177703)

redxiiixi 07-31-2006 07:53 PM

Interceptions

I play on All-American and I'm having big problems with INTS. My def. awareness is only 35 and I've set my INT slider to 0 as well as my knocldown slider to only 20. Despite this, I INT the opposing QB 4-6 times a game!!

Is anyone else having this unrealistic problem? My dilemma is that I'm not very good on AA and Heisman would be too hard for me. Ive also tried pressing A instead of Y in order to deflect the pass instead of catch it but it seems to have no effect.

What have you guys done to get get realistic INT #'s?

Hawaii_Stars 07-31-2006 07:55 PM

Re: Interceptions

Quote:

Originally Posted by redxiiixi
I play on All-American and I'm having big problems with INTS. My def. awareness is only 35 and I've set my INT slider to 0 as well as my knocldown slider to only 20. Despite this, I INT the opposing QB 4-6 times a game!!

Is anyone else having this unrealistic problem? My dilemma is that I'm not very good on AA and Heisman would be too hard for me. Ive also tried pressing A instead of Y in order to deflect the pass instead of catch it but it seems to have no effect.

What have you guys done to get get realistic INT #'s?

Why don't you up CPU QB accuracy

redxiiixi 07-31-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaii_Stars
Why don't you up CPU QB accuracy

That just means instead of the QB going 14/30 with 4 INTS he will go 19/30 with 4 INTS. It doesn't seem to affect his INT count.

Hawaii_Stars 07-31-2006 08:09 PM

I'd try a combination of increasing the QB accuracy and WR catching and decreasing your def awr

ktulu22 07-31-2006 08:24 PM

Up the knockdowns - it plays a huge factor. Instead of intercepting the ball, the defender will bat it down far more often. I have INT at 5 each and knockdowns at 70

Hawaii_Stars 07-31-2006 08:26 PM

i have my int at 0

redxiiixi 07-31-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktulu22
Up the knockdowns - it plays a huge factor. Instead of intercepting the ball, the defender will bat it down far more often. I have INT at 5 each and knockdowns at 70

just tried it with Iowa (me) vs. Hawaii
INT: 0
Knockdowns: 80

Result: I picked off Hawaii 3 times in 4 minutes...

The problem is that it seems like the players you control have a mind of their own. I press A to swat and he instead goes for the pick...what gives?

KePoW 07-31-2006 08:33 PM

I'm assuming you're manually playing the DBs all the time, it sounds like. why not play D-line or the linebackers instead. right now I'm only playing at Varsity difficulty level (first NCAA Football game for me), and I rarely get more than 3 INTs a game if I just let the AI control all the DBs