Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Any rosters with QB, DB edits? (/forums/showthread.php?t=178119)

SoCal-Phenom 08-03-2006 10:52 PM

Any rosters with QB, DB edits?

Who remembers the one and only NickChew and his unbelievable rosters. I simply cant wait for his 06-07 rosters. I remember rickster saying last year that nickchews rosters were about the best edited from a gameplay stance that he had played...and i agree with him. NickChew had various edits to the qb and db's that improved them drastically. Since i cant wait for his rosters to drop, are there any rosters out there with edits to the qb's and db's?....Ive come to the conclusion that edits to the qb and dbs is the only of improving the gameplay as a whole. Ive tried the hof sliders, zero sliders, flipmo's and all the others. And while they all are good at improving the gameplay, there are still horrible throws, horrendous coverage, and so on.......So are there any rosters with qb and db edits?.......Thanks so much guys......long live 2k

pk500 08-03-2006 11:06 PM

Re: Any rosters with QB, DB edits?

Haven't seen any yet, SoCal. And I agree with you: NickChew's rosters and sliders for the 2005 season were INCREDIBLE.

Nick's site is www.gamechewover.com for those curious.

Take care,
PK

daflyboys 08-04-2006 12:04 AM

I'm not going to release a roster file for a while, but here's the guideline of basically what I've done. Post #19. As always, adjust to taste:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=173162&page=2

capa 08-04-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pk500
Haven't seen any yet, SoCal. And I agree with you: NickChew's rosters and sliders for the 2005 season were INCREDIBLE.

Nick's site is www.gamechewover.com for those curious.

Take care,
PK

Nick's rosters set the tone and standard for all those that followed. He broke new ground with his attribute edits and slider research/combination. I look forward to anything he does related to this game!

C

SoCal-Phenom 08-07-2006 02:09 PM

yo daflyboy, so u havent posted any rosters yet with your qb and db edits right?......but ur planning to soon, right?.....just verifying......good stuff dude

daflyboys 08-07-2006 02:36 PM

Ya, I'm gonna base it off of convince's roster set (after I talked to him). He did a good job, but I'm going to nix the fake pictures. nflchamp will then probably work on depth charts and we'll release a roster then. Champ will possibly release a second version which attends more to salary caps. The slow down in the process is the money position players need to be copied and pasted over to the new set and then the rookies need to be adjusted accordingly. Probably will be a couple of weeks.

daflyboys 08-08-2006 10:52 AM

Ok, we're getting pretty close to done. nflchamp is checking behind me with a fine tooth comb and is a great resource for especially the money positions. Mainly have to take a hard look at the running backs, but in a test half last night, Palmer, against the Jets D, threw for 195 yds, completing about 65% of his passes w/ 1 TD and no picks....and neither Johnson nor Houz were he leading receivers. Too early to tell, but I like the initial findings.

So basically what's left to do is:

1. Tweak RB's
2. Up-to-the-minute transactions
3. Proper numbers in depth at each position.
4. Depth charts that reflect 1st and 2nd strings as accurate as possible.

I'm also toying with the idea of a jacked up KR and PR for each team. I'll also include an accompanying slider set and gameplay conditions.

Thanks again to convince who let me build off of this. Hopefully we'll have something by the end of the week.

SoCal-Phenom 08-08-2006 01:21 PM

So everyone, it looks like daflyboys and nickchew will have the only rosters with qb and db edits. Am i right?......fill me in dudez.......thanks and long live generic football