Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height? (/forums/showthread.php?t=178708)

Maxchp22 08-09-2006 03:04 PM

How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height?

This is that awesome Wr prospect from Indiana. I can get him about 60-70 catches a year by using his big body like s shield on slants and curls and medium range balls, but how do I make his height an asset in the endzone and on deep balls? It's like he never jumps. Maybe seen him jump 2-3, and this is with my manually hitting Y. In real life he had 10 TD catches his freshman year and this is because of his towering height. But when I try and do this he just does some pointless animation instead of jumping. Therefore I only got him 3 TD catches for the season. Is there another button I should be hitting to make this guy jump for it? Thank you

P.S. This is on xbox 360

jrod1981 08-09-2006 03:10 PM

Re: How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height?

his height should come into play on passes over his shoulder, fly routes, corner routes. :cool:

Maxchp22 08-09-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrod1981
his height should come into play on passes over his shoulder, fly routes, corner routes. :cool:

Yeah, that's what I figured. But 90% of the time he'll do a spin around animation and let the ball soar past, instead of draggin his nuts up the DB's chest and snaggin it in mid-air. Did they program this on purpose to eliminate domination on lob passes?

Mxracer23x 08-09-2006 03:17 PM

I just hit up on the Dpad and the reciever usually goes up and gets it for me, the corner route is also good.

Maxchp22 08-09-2006 03:21 PM

Good tip with the D-pad. That could very well be where I'm messing up. I never even thought of that, I just figured if I hit Y the reciever would take care of the rest a la Madden 2006. Thanks bud

jrod1981 08-09-2006 05:28 PM

[quote=Maxchp22] instead of draggin his nuts up the DB's chest and snaggin it in mid-air.<---Hilarious!!! :y4:

digit4lcowboy 08-09-2006 05:32 PM

I have Marcus Monk on Ark who is 6'6" I believe and I just hit up on the left joystick and press Y to catch. When I throw to him in coverage I throw high b/c I know he can grab it before Mr. 5'10" CB can.

Eagles805 08-09-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxracer23x
I just hit up on the Dpad and the reciever usually goes up and gets it for me, the corner route is also good.

so what do you do just take control of the receiver and hit up on the d-pad or do you have to press Y as well?

Im interested just because i signed a 6'7 receiver today, even though he was only a 3 star