Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   "Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT (/forums/showthread.php?t=179372)

sdrotar 08-16-2006 02:41 AM

"Unlocked" Hall of Famers Appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise Modes - REPORT

I've been playing the final retail version of Madden NFL 07 for the Xbox 360, and was trying out the new Superstar mode. To my surprise, only three weeks into my season, Hall of Famers started appearing on other teams' rosters.

Sammy Baugh was the Bucs' QB, Paul Warfield was starting opposite Hines Ward in Pittsburgh, and Chuck Bednarik was holding down an outside linebacker spot for the Patriots. Playing more games results in ever more Hall of Famers returning to the league from retirement or beyond the grave.

As I asked the EA Tiburon reps directly if HOFers would/could ever appear in a current Superstar/Franchise mode, and was told directly that they would not (and I stated so in my Community Day thread based on the information I was given), I was surprised to say the least that this was happening.

I spent much of the day doing research into why it's happening, and here's what I've determined thus far:

As best as I can tell, HOFers are tied into the overarching Madden Gamer Level. Even if you delete your roster files and start fresh, the HOFers you've unlocked due to the "MGL" will be instantly re-populated within the roster file as soon as your profile is loaded.

This means that they're in Franchise mode, too. I had 16 of them sitting in my Free Agents list when starting a Franchise with default rosters.

Theoretically, you might be able to avoid this if you didn't use the "MGL", however, that would also mean you could make no settings changes whatsoever and save them - they're all tied into the "Profile", which apparently includes all settings plus the "MGL".

On top of that, if you accomplished enough within the game, you might earn enough points to add HOFers instantly, meaning that if you just played a game and saved it, the newly-added HOFers would be saved into your Franchise roster.

I've contacted EA Tiburon regarding this discrepancy from what I was told at the studio (which was what I reported as fact, as did IGN and other media outlets) and what I am seeing now, and I've been told that I will receive a statement and/or workaround tomorrow sometime in the morning from the Madden team.

I will, of course, keep you apprised in this thread.

Great1man 08-16-2006 03:29 AM

Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise modes - REPORT

Wow, that sounds like a game killer. Hope it gets straightened out.

icebergisonfire 08-16-2006 06:55 AM

Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise modes - REPORT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great1man
Wow, that sounds like a game killer. Hope it gets straightened out.

This sounds bad, very bad

bad_philanthropy 08-16-2006 07:05 AM

IF there is no workaround it could be the first time I actually cancel my Madden order. I always hated the term, but that would be a "gamekiller" to me because I am a serious sim guy especially in dynasty. Very disconcerting, thank you for reporting this information, I really appreciate it, as I'm su eall the franchise guys out there do as well.

bad_philanthropy 08-16-2006 07:17 AM

IF there is no workaround it could be the first time I actually cancel my Madden order. I always hated the term, but that would be a "gamekiller" to me because I am a serious sim guy especially in dynasty. Very disconcerting, thank you for reporting this information, I really appreciate it, as I'm sure all the franchise guys out there do.

K_GUN 08-16-2006 07:31 AM

good work shawn!

keep us posted

kenn5373 08-16-2006 07:34 AM

How could they let this one slip?

dubplate 08-16-2006 07:38 AM

This is horrible. Suddenly I'm not as excited for this game as I once was.