Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   From IGN about fatigue (/forums/showthread.php?t=179605)

AirLobo23 08-17-2006 09:46 PM

From IGN about fatigue

Looks like I retained all my roles, both on special team as a returner, and on the field as both a Rookie (increases stamina and toughness) and Burner (increases QB throwing power and WR acceleration). One thing that's strange, though, is that no one ever seems to get tired in the game. That's why I wanted to talk to the game's producer, David Ortiz, and ask him about this. He says that fatigue does work in Madden and that it causes players to fumble when they are tired. The problem is in the interface. The green bars used to represent fatigue don't accurately represent how tired people are. So fatigue works in terms of causing people to turn the ball over, it's just impossible to tell who is tired. I was told that there will be an update online so that the interface will accurately represent fatigue.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/726/726320p1.html

TJdaSportsGuy 08-17-2006 09:48 PM

Re: From IGN about fatigue

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Looks like I retained all my roles, both on special team as a returner, and on the field as both a Rookie (increases stamina and toughness) and Burner (increases QB throwing power and WR acceleration). One thing that's strange, though, is that no one ever seems to get tired in the game. That's why I wanted to talk to the game's producer, David Ortiz, and ask him about this. He says that fatigue does work in Madden and that it causes players to fumble when they are tired. The problem is in the interface. The green bars used to represent fatigue don't accurately represent how tired people are. So fatigue works in terms of causing people to turn the ball over, it's just impossible to tell who is tired. I was told that there will be an update online so that the interface will accurately represent fatigue.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/726/726320p1.html

IGN is a freakin' joke!

Hi...I'm earth...have we met? They're just NOW finding out about this thing?!? Wow...

Jistic 08-17-2006 09:55 PM

So one guy from the Madden team says that fatigue isn't broken, the other says that it is and that there will be a patch. What the hell is going on here? As Corso would say, UN-BE-LIEVABLE.

bad_philanthropy 08-17-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jistic
So one guy from the Madden team says that fatigue isn't broken, the other says that it is and that there will be a patch. What the hell is going on here? As Corso would say, UN-BE-LIEVABLE.

Yeah at MN the guys there say they are actually not seeing any change in performance after using a player for several consecutive plays. Hopefully this fix won't just be some superfluous thing to make the stamina bar change color.

Cutwolf 08-17-2006 10:11 PM

MUahaha the patch is just going to fitch the display. Not actually any effect of fatigue. Watch.

Altimus 08-17-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yeah at MN the guys there say they are actually not seeing any change in performance after using a player for several consecutive plays. Hopefully this fix won't just be some superfluous thing to make the stamina bar change color.

A high percentage of people would never notice there is no stamina if that was to be the case.

poster 08-17-2006 10:19 PM

Well fatigue should also force you to come out of the game. That isn't happening according to people with the game, so this is an excuse to save face instead of admitting its broken. I hope the fix comes out soon.

AirLobo23 08-17-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutwolf
MUahaha the patch is just going to fitch the display. Not actually any effect of fatigue. Watch.

fitch the display?

not actually any effect of fatigue?

GOOD POST