Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Props to EA. (/forums/showthread.php?t=179641)

MaddenMan 08-18-2006 09:24 AM

Props to EA.

Since we know EA devs browse the boards from time to time:

With all the HOF and Fatigue negativity lately, I really see why the devs feel bad when people jump the gun and bash them and thier product which they have put hard worked tim, effort and energy into.

I would like to give props to EA for not only addressing these pressing issues (workarounds and patch info) but total kudos for the timely fashion and responses to the community.

Once again devs: Thanks for the timely responses and looking forward to the product! - now get that patch out soon please!! :D

ChiefsFan4Life 08-18-2006 09:26 AM

Re: Props to EA.

I never understood people who give "props" for someone fixing something that shouldn't have been wrong in the first place???

If you went to Burger King and gave them an order and they completely screwed it up, then you complained and they fixed it. Would you write them a letter afterwards stating how awesome they are?

EA's new slogan should be "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

Spin 08-18-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life
I never understood people who give "props" for someone fixing something that shouldn't have been wrong in the first place???

If you went to Burger King and gave them an order and they completely screwed it up, then you complained and they fixed it. Would you write them a letter afterwards stating how awesome they are?

i wouldnt write them but i would say thank you, which maddenman is doing with his post. i dont see a problem with this, jeesh.

mdgoalie37 08-18-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life

If the person a BK just made an honest mistake and was apologetic and immediately tryed to rectify the situation, then I would thank him/her.
Most likely this happened when a dev did some type of code change for some completely unrelated area and this change affected fatigue. And, unfortunately, it wasn't caught in time. EA was made aware of the issue and addressed it. If there isn't a fix by, say mid-September, then the grumbling can continue (though I'm sure there will be grumbling well before that). Obviously I hope the fix is there when I fire it up Monday or Tuesday.

I think the BK example is a excellent example of the issues in our society today - in general, people just aren't 'nice' anymore. So the kid gives you a chicken sandwhich instead of a burger, is that so horrible - especially if they said I'm sorry and corrected the problem just a soon as the mistake was identified. Sorry, I'm rambling - Happy Madden Day!!:y1:

ChiefsFan4Life 08-18-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
So the kid gives you a chicken sandwhich instead of a burger, is that so horrible - especially if they said I'm sorry and corrected the problem just a soon as the mistake was identified. Sorry, I'm rambling - Happy Madden Day!!:y1:

It would be completely horrible if the kid had a year to make the burger right and also claimed that other people were checking it (ie., testing) for correctness.

BezO 08-18-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spin
i wouldnt write them but i would say thank you, which maddenman is doing with his post. i dont see a problem with this, jeesh.

Actually, he's taking it a step further and giving them props. I don't believe CONGRATULATIONS are in order for someone correcting a ****up. If I end up with the game, they get all the thanks they deserve in the form of $59.99 plus tax.

ChiefsFan4Life 08-18-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BezO
Actually, he's taking it a step further and giving them props. I don't believe CONGRATULATIONS are in order for someone correcting a ****up. If I end up with the game, they get all the thanks they deserve in the form of $59.99 plus tax.

Exactly.

MaddenMan 08-18-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BezO

Actually I'm not giving them props for correcting a bug (which every game has), read my post - the props is that they have responded to the community in a VERY timely fashion with solutions and upcoming patch news. Once again thanks to EA - honestly you have totally exceeded my expectations and that is why I made this thread.

The very fact that they responded shows alot. The could have just left us in the dark. The patch news is EA admitting that it was a mistake and it was missed in testing. Whether it's the testers fault/etc - who really cares? They are taking progressive action to fix it and make us happy and they stand by thier product - what more could you ask from a company selling a product?