Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Whoa -- 12 blue-chip signings (/forums/showthread.php?t=179656)

noles_acc 08-18-2006 11:58 AM

Whoa -- 12 blue-chip signings

I'm just curious what's the most blue-chip signings you ever notched. I'm referencing, of course, NCAA 2007.

I play on AA, default sliders, and I had a pretty easy run throughout the year with Florida State (year No. 2, so Weatherford, Carr, Rolle & Company are dominating), capped by a 45-13 national title route over Texas.

I signed four blue-chippers during in-season recruiting and had about 330 points allotted for the post-season (%s went like 35 recruit, 37 training, 28 discipline). Last year I felt lucky to sign four blue-chippers, but, as I sort of dozed off to sleep and just tossed points at people haphazardly, a funny thing happened: They signed on.

A quick note: Three of those blue chippers were kickers, two place kickers and one punter. Alas, I also signed a QB, a HB, two WRs, two Gs, a T, a C, and a CB.

What’s your most industrious recruiting season?

jrod1981 08-18-2006 12:22 PM

Re: Whoa -- 12 blue-chip signings

Nothing even close to that!! I think I got 5 blue chippers one year with Cal after I won the NT two years in a row. Lynch is the best!!!:cheers:

bkfount 08-18-2006 12:28 PM

i got like 10 blue chippers with miami after I beat USC for the NC. They didnt take much skirt chasing at all. I'd just call or send my assistant coach and the bar would increase, making it super easy to sign them the next week.

McBolitar 08-18-2006 12:30 PM

I picked up 7 in the 8th year of my SMU dynasty. We had won 8-11 games all 8 yrs and won 2 straight Big 12 Championships. Highest ranking, #4.

They were DE, HB, 3 OL, OLB, SS

3 in season (all visited on huge victory over #12 Oklahoma), 4 offseason.:)

Nest year, only had interest from 1 blue chipper.:frown:

Hill Hokie 08-18-2006 01:06 PM

You guys might want to turn off CPU recruiting assistance. It makes a huge difference.

Mizzou23 08-18-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Hokie
You guys might want to turn off CPU recruiting assistance. It makes a huge difference.

Recruiting assistance only allocates unused points...it doesn't boost your recruiting ability or anything.

Hill Hokie 08-18-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Recruiting assistance only allocates unused points...it doesn't boost your recruiting ability or anything.

You are wrong. It highlights the majority of the recruits interested in your program. You turn it off and it highlights maybe a third of them. You actually have to work to find the recruits that like you.

bkfount 08-18-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Hokie (Post 2567326)
You are wrong. It highlights the majority of the recruits interested in your program. You turn it off and it highlights maybe a third of them. You actually have to work to find the recruits that like you.

i thought about turning it off after my last offseason. Somehow I managed to get 14 QB's on my roster....like 11 of them were incoming freshmen even though I only remember recruiting and signing maybe 4 of them. I have no idea how I got the others, as they werent walkons apparently. It wasn't too bad as most of them were in their mid 70's and I figured they'd transfer out or fill in other positions like a few did for me.