Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   HELP!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=179828)

BejitaSan 08-19-2006 10:05 PM

HELP!!!

Does anyone else have problems using new roster files in Franchise?

Every single roster I've ever used has frozen during the draft or combine at the end of the season. I'm not sure why, but it sucks because I can't play with the new rosters.

Is there anyway I can resolve this issue???

SwayGod53 08-19-2006 11:35 PM

Re: HELP!!!

Nope, unfortunately I have the same thing happen to me too. I believe it has something to do with the amount of names customized, which is really a drag. One of the versions I was able to get through a couple years but then for some reason WR's speeds went really low and some players only had a first name. I don't even know where to begin to address that issue.

BejitaSan 08-19-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwayGod53 (Post 2570156)
Nope, unfortunately I have the same thing happen to me too. I believe it has something to do with the amount of names customized, which is really a drag. One of the versions I was able to get through a couple years but then for some reason WR's speeds went really low and some players only had a first name. I don't even know where to begin to address that issue.

Damn dude that sucks. Thanks for the input. I really want to start a Franchise with everything updated. How depressing.

Cardot 08-20-2006 01:44 AM

Personally, I am not a "Franchise" guy. I like to play a season with a team, by the end of the year I am tired of them, so I start over with a new team. I certainly can see the appeal of frachise mode, but why do you care about updated rosters anyway? Since you are going to be developing a squad that is different from reality, why bother getting up to date rosters? Just curious.

SwayGod53 08-20-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardot (Post 2570303)
Personally, I am not a "Franchise" guy. I like to play a season with a team, by the end of the year I am tired of them, so I start over with a new team. I certainly can see the appeal of frachise mode, but why do you care about updated rosters anyway? Since you are going to be developing a squad that is different from reality, why bother getting up to date rosters? Just curious.

Yeah your definitely not a franchise guy, because you would be frustrated like me and the other guy. Pretty much all I play is franchise. Yes I do continue on just using regular rosters but it is silly starting a franchise with guys like Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice and such and not having Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, and AJ Hawk. I think I might try using one of Ricksters earlier edits, because I think the more changes made screws the game up. On the flip side I don't understand how people can play one year, then start over? Silly if you ask me.

Cardot 08-21-2006 01:07 AM

No offense was intended Sway. Just curious.

daflyboys 08-21-2006 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwayGod53 (Post 2572184)
On the flip side I don't understand how people can play one year, then start over? Silly if you ask me.

The "start over" I think is for guys who want to play with rosters that reflect the current day. Since franchise will disrupt that, it then seems a part of the sim experience that gets lost. The custom schedule feature is nice for the one season and done guys like us as it can keep things interesting.