Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   "Momentum is overdone!" is psychological... (/forums/showthread.php?t=180108)

XxKrebsxX 08-22-2006 07:59 AM

"Momentum is overdone!" is psychological...

When I first got the game, I thought the exact same thing. Your receivers couldn't catch a damned thing and your RB appears to have dunked his hand in a bucket full of KY Jelly right before the game.

Hell, I remember when the CPU got all the momentum mid-game in a tough close game...I actually got intimidated and a bit scared. Waiting for the worst to happen. Now, I've gotten used to not looking at it...that psychologically it's...off. Now the CPU gets full momentum mid game in a close game and I don't get intimidated or scared. Not expecting the worst to happen.

Know what happens now? Absolutely nothing. Since I'm not intimidated anymore the CPU doesn't romp me. My players don't have KY Jelly on their hands. I just play as I was before..chipping away at the CPU's momentum.

Maybe it's just me. But admit, when the CPU gets all the momentum do you say to yourself, "Here we go again. Goddamnit..."

If you say that or something remotely similar then...

MachoMyers 08-22-2006 09:45 AM

Re: "Momentum is overdone!" is psychological...

When the CPU gets all the momentum and then breaks 3 tackles and scores an 80 yard run then I say "Here we go again. Goddamnit.." I for one love the game but hate the momentum feature and wish it could be cycled on/off.

spit_bubble 08-22-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier12 (Post 2575460)
...wish it could be cycled on/off.

I think there should be a slider with varying degrees of how much momentum effects the game.

I personally think +5 is too much, and think +3 should be the maximum. Maybe they should allow for anywhere from 0 to +5.

ChicagoNVA 08-22-2006 09:55 AM

I used to be ok with it. after playing 6 seasons in my first dynasty. Started a new dynasty.. and in this dynasty... I am starting to get annoyed by the momentum.. to many times in key situations.. when they get the momentum... to many Super extraordinary things happen. Like watching the opposing RB stop on a dime 3 times in the same play juking 15 times - alluding sure tackles.. just to get enough for the first down.

johnnyg83 08-22-2006 10:00 AM

I respectfully disagree.

Mizzou23 08-22-2006 10:11 AM

Your composure bar is full now. That's the difference.

Eagles805 08-22-2006 11:40 AM

in the 360 version, i dont think momentum is as game-changin as the PS2 version... The PS2 version is just sick when i watch some 85 speed running back playin for Duke break 3tackles, juke my two cb's while breakin my impact lb's tackles and runnnin downfield for 80 yards with nobody else touchin him...Sick

Jukeman 08-22-2006 12:20 PM

actually it is overdone...........I play most games CPU vs CPU....a team should auto get a full momten after scoring 1 TD....it should atleast be half