Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Wow, these default rosters are awful. (/forums/showthread.php?t=180286)

VanillaGorilla 08-22-2006 10:26 PM

Wow, these default rosters are awful.

Why on Earth does EA refuse to expand the roster sizes for Madden, yet they seemingly do it every year for NCAA Football? I fired up the game today (Ps2), and was shocked to see some of the flat out wrong rosters. Why are there 2006 3rd round draft picks in the Free Agent pool, like Linebacker James Anderson? I'm not expecting the rosters to be accurate as of last week, but come, this is just bush league, EA. Especially when most people feel Madden is nothing but a roster update, and they can't even get the default rosters halfway close.

And another thing, why is it that unless you're not a big time star, you are banned from having some decent ratings? How is Mike McMahon faster than Tarvaris Jackson?

phillyphanatic5 08-22-2006 10:28 PM

Re: Wow, these default rosters are awful.

i agree with expanding the rosters...but i will take guys in the FA pool every time as opposed to have to wait a month to get the guys in the game..last year the Dallas roster was a disaster until the opening day update

VanillaGorilla 08-22-2006 10:44 PM

I just don't like how, for a lot of teams, they don't have any of their 4-7 round draft picks. Nowhere to be found. So, if you don't have the ability to get online and download updates, you have to manually create all those players. Come on EA, having only 2 strong safeties?

PSU 08-22-2006 11:05 PM

These rosters just blow period. It sucks too because I don't have live set up right now so I can't download. But on the Eagles roster alone, they are missing 3 starters!?!?!!

franch1se 08-23-2006 12:14 AM

just a thought. but do any of you guys think that maybe a lot of 3-5 round picks are missing because of Superstar mode? That way when a team drafts you, the rosters will not get messed up?

plez2002 08-23-2006 06:24 AM

Considering that most real-life NFL team rosters aren't settled (we haven't even had the first cutdown to 65 players yet), I'm not really bothered by the default roster setup. Also, when you factor in the ongoing player movements (Junior Seau's "un-retirement" and Atlanta's recent acquisition of T.J. Duckett and Ashley Lelie, for example), it's difficult to come up with an accurate opening day roster at this point in time, IMHO...

Herky 08-23-2006 09:10 AM

Keep in mind there are going to players added to the IR when the update comes out. I hate the fact that they still count as a roster spot as it's tough to add players since they didn't expand them.

I wonder if Madden will ever add practice squads as well.

cadets44 08-23-2006 09:17 AM

Jacskon slower than Mike McMahon? Yeah that is bad