Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Wow, these default rosters are awful. (/forums/showthread.php?t=180286)

frago 08-23-2006 05:51 PM

Re: Wow, these default rosters are awful.

Could very well be the worst default Roster ever.
The inability to edit players posistions and even numbers is astounding.
Once again I am stuck with a bunch of players at the wrong posistion and not progressing.

PSU 08-23-2006 05:59 PM

Yea I don't care so much about the messed up roster. It's the fact that we simply cannot edit them or create realistic players because EA was lazy. This whole roster crap makes me mad. Like I said above they are missing like atleast 10 players on the Eagles roster alone. Guys that will actually be playing!

bkfount 08-23-2006 06:03 PM

what was it last years game where you couldn't start a franchise as certian teams due to IR'd players or something like that, and them still being counted on the roster?

it was an update I think though.

rufio2004nfg 08-23-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadets44 (Post 2578303)
Jacskon slower than Mike McMahon? Yeah that is bad

I agree that these rosters are terrible, but what's wrong with McMahon being a little faster than Tarvaris Jackson (75 to 73)? McMahon is known for being a fast quarterback and Jackson only ran a 4.68 40. Where he needs to be better than McMahon is in agility.

The real travesty is Terence Newman's 87 rating. He's rated lower than 27 CBs when he's clearly a top 10 CB, maybe even top 5.

I also hate all these highly rated free agents. If they were really still that good (Jamie Sharper - 91) then they would be on an NFL roster!!!

tonybologna 08-24-2006 11:25 AM

It's the same bullcrap every year with these rosters! They always leave draft picks out of the default rosters. I can understand not being able to get some draft picks into the game but a 3rd-round pick will make their respective teams. I too remember the Dallas roster from last year & it was a total mess until the roster update at seasons beginning. I also agree with someone else on these boards in that they need to add the practice squads to the game. This way we would have more freedom with the rosters from their defaults. They could even just have fake names & we could edit them to our liking. There is no way EA Sports would know any practice squad players from the default rosters but at least they could add this feature for us to use. I haven't checked yet but is there the same roster requirements(so many players from each position) from last years game & all previous? This makes me even madder than some other areas of the game.

There is absolutely no limits or requirements in the NFL for positions so why in the crap they apply this is beyond me. I heard it was something to do with the NFL but if there is no requirements in the actual NFL then why would this be applied to the game? EA Sports just goes about their own little business with the game every year & doesn't care about the wishlist of the users of the game. The game is always solid in gameplay & some other areas but not in a lot of other areas like roster management. I just want more roster freedom EA, can't you guys understand what US users want? Thanks! :wave: