Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? (/forums/showthread.php?t=180534)

mutumbo888 08-24-2006 04:04 AM

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

I don't have the game just wondering if Madden will ever put in cool features such as a Sportscenter wrap up show, First Person Mode, and gang tackles.. I think it's kinda ridiculous that 2 years after another NFL game already had these things, it's not in a next gen version of Madden.

HoodedSoldier 08-24-2006 04:07 AM

Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

Something tells me this is either gonna get ugly or deleted i got money on the latter.

jerry0211 08-24-2006 04:11 AM

...and a great presentation and good announcers. Yeah, that game is still great 2 years later. I am not partial to either company, but Madden really needs to get it together. Madden's gameplay is a little tighter now, but everything else is just below standards for a next-gen game at least.

Altimus 08-24-2006 04:19 AM

How's about what does Madden have that 2K5 doesn't? I loved 2K but in no way was it perfect. Unfortunately many of you don't admit to the problems.

There should have been more in the 2nd next gen release. Next year is the year I think we will finally see ESPN presentation.

Rodster 08-24-2006 04:54 AM

As far as presentation goes the overall package of NFL2K5 took advantage of the ESPN license, no question. OTOH while some complain about the Radio Announcer in Madden I think it's very cool and different at the same time. Hopefully EA can add a second man to the booth.

Like others have said the gameplay in Madden 07 on the 360 is pretty tight but has a few unpolished issues to go along with a pretty good Football game. IMO this years winner is the PC version hands down, beautiful graphics and uses the 360's grass and it doesn't skimp on features.

I still have and play NFL2K5 but Madden 07 on the 360 while not perfect is not a pile of junk. Infact some have brought this up that Madden 07 on the 360 feels a little like NFL2K5.

EaglesFan 08-24-2006 04:57 AM

I always heard 2k4 was better than 2k5.

Crimsontide27 08-24-2006 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimeTime23 (Post 2580954)
How's about what does Madden have that 2K5 doesn't? I loved 2K but in no way was it perfect. Unfortunately many of you don't admit to the problems.

There should have been more in the 2nd next gen release. Next year is the year I think we will finally see ESPN presentation.

No doubt that I thought I would hear this phrase already. Madden has been out officially a couple of days and already we are hearing the same old < next year >
saying.

RaiderKtulu 08-24-2006 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimeTime23 (Post 2580954)

No, we won't. EA's even said flat out that they're going for an "on-the-field" presentation, and they like the direction everything is heading in for future releases. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THE GAME LOOK LIKE A SPORTSCENTER BROADCAST.