Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Whats with this??? is this a bug?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=180919)

actual29 08-26-2006 10:15 AM

Whats with this??? is this a bug??

how come everytime i go to block a punt or fieldgoal, and i hit the guy, he breaks like 3-4 tackles for a td?!
it happens to me a lot on PATs where ill hit the holder and he'll get the 2pt conversion.
anyone else have this issue?

baa7 08-26-2006 10:40 AM

Re: Whats with this??? is this a bug??

Let's see: in my 3-4 decades of watching football, I've seen - what? - two, maybe three blocked PAT's. You're saying you get a guy in position to block a convert "a lot". In other words, totally unrealistic. Therefore, totally unrealistic the holder jumps up and runs it in for a TD every time ;)

Krebstar 08-26-2006 10:48 AM

Im confused...what guy do you hit?

If you mean the holder then I would also agree that you shouldnt be getting through the line that often to even have an attempt to block it.

daflyboys 08-26-2006 06:49 PM

The cpu will never block your FG or XPT..... so why try?

I'll tell you a little bug I've encountered that I don't like is if your punt team touches the ball prior to the goal line, with possession, but then momentum carries them into the end zone....it'll be a touchback.

sportsgeist 08-28-2006 02:50 PM

I've blocked a few PATs and Field Goals but I've never hit the holder and had him run the ball in. I usually just hit the ball or run into the kicker not the holder.