Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? (/forums/showthread.php?t=186432)

feeq14 10-07-2006 12:33 PM

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

Ive perused boards since madden 03 and never have i ever seen such a backlash against Madden be so universal. IMHOP this is one of the worse incarnations of the game, but im wondering if this universal backlash is gonna mean anything for us next year?

djordan 10-07-2006 12:46 PM

Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

I believe so...

Back in 2003/2004 all you would see is constand praise.

Fast forward to now and you will see alot of people who are disappointed in the Madden series. Even when I goto gamestop I hear the workers complaining.

vikingsfan1 10-07-2006 01:15 PM

Yes, for good reasons. They didn't include alot of features in the 360 which I find nuts. Not player editor is the biggest, fatigue issues. I like the game but I miss Madden commentary, player editor, and the ability to adjust the defense on the fly.

TJdaSportsGuy 10-07-2006 01:21 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again...for me, this is the best Madden I've ever played. I think you're seeing a lot of negative criticism towards it because people love to knock the king of mountain down. It's the "cool thing to do".

It's called the vocal minority...and that's what we have here. The people who like this game world wide FAR outweighs those of you who are unhappy with it.

ComfortablyLomb 10-07-2006 01:25 PM

Madden 2003 through 2005 were generally praised. They had issues but they were truly great games. Last year's current-gen game stumbled a little but wasn't bad by any stretch but the 360 release was awful. It would appear that the good vibes are now gone.

Edit - TJ, it just seems to me that this game (360) is missing the swagger. Too many rough edges.

djordan 10-07-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy (Post 2683784)
I've said it before and I'll say it again...for me, this is the best Madden I've ever played. I think you're seeing a lot of negative criticism towards it because people love to knock the king of mountain down. It's the "cool thing to do".

It's called the vocal minority...and that's what we have here. The people who like this game world wide FAR outweighs those of you who are unhappy with it.

No one said it is the cool thing to do....

S*** most people that are criticizing madden now are people who have been playing Madden since Madden 92. After seeing a continous cycle of shady stuff by EA some people are just getting fed up.

Why do you think its the "COOL THING TO DO?"

Some people just want a better game man.

2krules 10-07-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy (Post 2683784)
I've said it before and I'll say it again...for me, this is the best Madden I've ever played.

Once I get past the absence of certain great features (player editor, create-a-team, free alts), I completely agree. Since Madden 2002, I have never enjoyed playing Madden like I have with this year's version.

TJdaSportsGuy 10-07-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djordan (Post 2683804)
Why do you think its the "COOL THING TO DO?"

Some people just want a better game man.

Why do I consider it that? Look around. Anyone who comes on here and says they enjoy Madden is met with accusations of fanboyism.

Is it that hard for you to fathom that someone could enjoy this game and not have a problem with some of the features that this version doesn't have?

Sure, you want a better game. Who doesn't? It can always get better. But I think what we have is pretty damn good already.