Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Marc Boerigter back to the CFL (/forums/showthread.php?t=190433)

VanCitySportsGuy 11-20-2006 08:12 PM

Marc Boerigter back to the CFL

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=185222&hubname=

This is a huge signing for the Stamps. Boerigter was one of the top recievers in the league before he went to the NFL. There were rumblings the Lions would make a bid for him if he wanted to come back to the CFL even though we don't really need him.

I'm surprised he didn't get more playing time after being great in the red zone for the Chiefs his first season.

He's probably going to make over $125,000 a season.

SPTO 11-21-2006 05:25 AM

Re: Marc Boerigter back to the CFL

At least he got a shot in the NFL. Not the fairest shot but at least he had some moments to shine. He's going to be the #1 receiving threat on that Stamps team IMO.

Lintyfresh85 11-21-2006 08:39 AM

question...Is the money that much better in the NLF? Boerigter said in that article that he didn't want to be the guy just hanging around for a couple more years in the NFL even though the money was better... So it's better to be an NFL 52nd man than a star in the CFL money wise? If that's the case, I'm surprised more guys don't just ride the pine in the NFL and pick up a paycheck rather than be a star in the CFL.

SPTO 11-21-2006 09:09 AM

Most CFLers have 2nd jobs so it's not like they're making money hand over fist. There are a select few that get a million bucks a year which is a lot for us but not much in the grand scheme of things.

Lintyfresh85 11-21-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2772980)
Most CFLers have 2nd jobs so it's not like they're making money hand over fist. There are a select few that get a million bucks a year which is a lot for us but not much in the grand scheme of things.

Dang! Sounds like they are making about as much as the AFL players make here in the states:shocked:...

SPTO 11-21-2006 09:20 AM

The pay scale is about the same probably a little less.

MassNole 11-21-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2772858)
At least he got a shot in the NFL. Not the fairest shot but at least he had some moments to shine. He's going to be the #1 receiving threat on that Stamps team IMO.

How didn't he get a fair shot? If he was good enough to contribute he would have played.

SPTO 11-21-2006 09:29 AM

He was only given a shot as a 4th or 5th reciever. I'd hope to see him get more chances on the field. It's a small complaint and it's only made because i'm biased toward the canadian game and players at times :)