Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY! (/forums/showthread.php?t=191739)

X*Cell 12-03-2006 10:05 PM

BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY!

I'm going to play against my best friend (Jetsfan119) who is a worthy and equal opponent in a series of games to determine the National Championship Winner... in a playoff system that I believe is the best fit to find a true National Champ as opposed to a 2-team battle like the current format. I like the BCS Computer System, but I don't like that only 2 teams are picked for a national championship... so I will use the BCS to pick the top 8!

8 Teams
3 Rounds
All games in Glendale, AZ

I'll post about each game and give stats etc... all the goods.

The Teams and Playoff Format are here: POST #11

***VERY IMPORTANT***

I would appreciate it if someone had up-to-date rosters (as of December) that include players seated with injuries etc...

If you had this or could make it... could you please provide a XChange 360 Transfer Kit file for me to use to make this the most authentic simulation?

Thanks in advance, and I hope you enjoy!

Soonerd2 12-04-2006 01:31 PM

Re: BCS National Championship... DONE MY WAY!

Does "DONE MY WAY" mean your teams, or your playoff system? Those aren't the right BCS teams.

X*Cell 12-04-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonerd2 (Post 2800319)
Does "DONE MY WAY" mean your teams, or your playoff system? Those aren't the right BCS teams.

How are they not the right BCS teams? They are correctly ranked from 1 to 8... Done my way means my playoff system. But those rankings are correct.

Also, I'm not following any of the bullcrap BCS rules that they have keeping teams out of it because of their conference, and I'll always ignore that Notre Dame rule, etc... If you are in the top 8... you deserve to be here.

TJdaSportsGuy 12-04-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X*Cell (Post 2800365)
How are they not the right BCS teams? They are correctly ranked from 1 to 8... Done my way means my playoff system. But those rankings are correct.

So your way goes by the rankings and ignores conference champs? If that's the case...no offense...but your way stinks.

dkrause1971 12-04-2006 01:45 PM

I think he was going with the top 8 teams in his mind, not the BCS teams. I would dump Boise State and add Oklahoma if it was my top 8.

Beantown 12-04-2006 01:45 PM

Well...technically Wake should have a spot since they won the ACC. I do like you leaving out Oklahoma and ND. :woot:

dkrause1971 12-04-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy (Post 2800375)
So your way goes by the rankings and ignores conference champs? If that's the case...no offense...but your way stinks.

The BCS stinks in my book. Personally i would like to see a 8 team playoff. the 6 major conference champs and two at large.

TJdaSportsGuy 12-04-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkrause1971 (Post 2800395)
The BCS stinks in my book. Personally i would like to see a 8 team playoff. the 6 major conference champs and two at large.

Yep...I think that's the best way to do it. What's the point of winning a major conference title if you don't get the opportunity to play for a championship afterwards?