Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   So where are those flashy catches?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=192253)

Dirt DiverX 12-09-2006 12:46 AM

So where are those flashy catches?!

Perhaps you guys remember the video posted on IGN before Madden 06 came out on the 360 showing off the various catches you can make in different situations. Well those looked damn good and all but why don't I see them in game for 06 or 07? I want dynamic catches worthy of highlight reels but instead I see the same 3 or 4 generic animations, and can we please get a jump button for the wr's/ db's? I'ts frustrating as hell to see the players pull a Pinkston and alligator arm every throw coming their way...

djordan 12-09-2006 01:07 AM

Re: So where are those flashy catches?!

I've done some nasty manual catches on the PS3 version.

If you CPU catch you won't get the great animations that you would if you manual catch.

Backbreaker will tell you...lol

Dirt DiverX 12-09-2006 09:03 AM

I do user catches majority of the time on the 360 and I still haven't seen a flashy catch, I've caught some balls that were tipped but I still haven't seen any one handed catches, or catches in which the wr taps their toes to stay in bounds.

dales 12-09-2006 01:15 PM

In my first game playing on the Wii version, TO made a sick one-handed catch while almost losing his balance. He recovered from it and ran it in for a TD. I had to watch the replay over and over because it looked so good.

Dirt DiverX 12-09-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales (Post 2809615)
In my first game playing on the Wii version, TO made a sick one-handed catch while almost losing his balance. He recovered from it and ran it in for a TD. I had to watch the replay over and over because it looked so good.

Has anyone experienced this in the 360 version?

Dolfan349 12-09-2006 05:46 PM

I've seen one toe-tap catch, done by Marty Booker on the Dolphins. That's it in over 60 hours of gameplay.

EDIT: 360 version here.

Dirt DiverX 12-09-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolfan349 (Post 2809912)
I've seen one toe-tap catch, done by Marty Booker on the Dolphins. That's it in over 60 hours of gameplay.

EDIT: 360 version here.

I find it odd that they released a video for 06 showing all these new catch animations but 2 years into the 360 version I haven't seen majority of them.

Hassan Darkside 12-09-2006 07:33 PM

Do you think the WR Catching slider could have anything to do with this? Initially I would think not but now I'm wondering if the slider's for catch frequency or more of a hands rating. But regardless, I bet if you turn it all the way up it'll get largely unrealistic results.