Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 08 "If you're on the cover, you're not in the game" (/forums/showthread.php?t=192538)

faster 12-12-2006 03:00 PM

Madden 08 "If you're on the cover, you're not in the game"

Thoughts on my Madden slogan? The boys and I were talking about the Madden curse while having a few beers. Needless to say my suggestion for a new slogan was well taken. We also thought they should redo the EA logo and have a wheelchair or a cane incorporated somehow.

If I'm an NFL fooball player and they want to put me on the cover, I'm charging them 10 million.

Spanky 12-13-2006 02:15 AM

Re: Madden 08 "If you're on the cover, you're not in the game"

My suggestion would be: "Madden 08 -- another several million for the fat, overrated bastard.''

TJdaSportsGuy 12-13-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanky (Post 2816846)
My suggestion would be: "Madden 08 -- another several million for the fat, overrated bastard.''

Jeez, we're a little bitter up there in the great white north, aren't we? What? Did Madden screw your girlfriend or something? Why such hate?

faster 12-13-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy (Post 2817120)
Jeez, we're a little bitter up there in the great white north, aren't we? What? Did Madden screw your girlfriend or something? Why such hate?

Woah... that's not a pretty sight TJ. Madden with ANY girl.... let alone.. alright forget it. Wow.... need.... more.... vodka.

Spanky 12-13-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy (Post 2817120)
Jeez, we're a little bitter up there in the great white north, aren't we? What? Did Madden screw your girlfriend or something?

No. But he has me grabbing my ankles every August because of his exclusive NFL license and I can't help but continue to buy his product despite its lack of appreciable improvement since I must have an updated pro football game. Meanwhile this bastard -- did I mention he's fat? -- is laughing all the way to the bank.

fantasysportsguy 12-16-2006 05:06 PM

1. Get educated - It's not John Madden's fault. He has about as much influence over EA and the game as any John you know. 10 years ago he had some real input, but now, he has almost no creative control. Wanna be pissed at the state of the game, blame EA, NOT John Madden.

2. You have the power - Don't like Madden? Don't buy the game. Don't like EA? Don't buy the game. Don't like exclusivity? Don't buy the game. Getting pissed at Madden is misplaced anger

hyacinth1 12-17-2006 01:15 AM

Remember last year they put Howard on NCAA06. Went retro with that, so I hope they do the same thing with madden 08.

Maybe they'll go that route with madden 08 and put OJ on the cover.

KDRIZZLE2K4 12-17-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyacinth1 (Post 2823800)
Remember last year they put Howard on NCAA06. Went retro with that, so I hope they do the same thing with madden 08.

Maybe they'll go that route with madden 08 and put OJ on the cover.

They person will probably die, or get seriously injured.