Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   I NEED TO KNOW WHATS BETTER (/forums/showthread.php?t=193377)

J.R._Smith_Hornets 12-21-2006 12:30 PM

I NEED TO KNOW WHATS BETTER

i have a PS2 and i need to what i should use to update my rosters. would it be a Action Replay Max, a Sharkport, or a Max Drive? any help is appreciated.

statsdon 12-21-2006 12:32 PM

Re: I NEED TO KNOW WHATS BETTER

MaxDrive by far.

J.R._Smith_Hornets 12-21-2006 12:36 PM

okay thanks. but i hear it messes up your memory card. i'm guessing you didnt experience this.

rudyjuly2 12-21-2006 12:38 PM

You can't use a sharkport on any PS2 built after March 2003 which definately rules it out if you have a Slim version. Sharkports were unreliable and you had to move the PS2 to hook it up to your PC as well. Max drives are a lot easier although they copy slower.

J.R._Smith_Hornets 12-21-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyjuly2 (Post 2830957)
You can't use a sharkport on any PS2 built after March 2003 which definately rules it out if you have a Slim version. Sharkports were unreliable and you had to move the PS2 to hook it up to your PC as well. Max drives are a lot easier although they copy slower.

thanks, this really helped. hopefully i'll be able to get good roser updates. i tried doing them manually but too many players are missing.

koebner 12-21-2006 04:32 PM

Is there any difference between the flash memory max drive and the usb pen max drive?
If you get an Action Replay Max EVO with the usb pen is that the same as just the Max drive?

tpaterniti 12-21-2006 11:30 PM

I had an AR Max mess up one of my memory cards, but the disk was bad. I bought a new one and I have had no problems of any kind. They are great. And since it is my roster you are probably downloading and I use AR Max, then it just makes sense to get one.

BaseballCtchr 12-21-2006 11:34 PM

There is a program that converts saves between sharkport/xport and max drive so it really doesnt matter that much. Unless like the person above said you have a slim ps2.