Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Players transferring question (/forums/showthread.php?t=194812)

andybaseball2005 01-08-2007 06:30 PM

Players transferring question

Has anyone had any players transfer to there school in dynasty mode? I have had players leave my school and transfer but never transfer to my school.

DrDoom77 01-08-2007 09:00 PM

Re: Players transferring question

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybaseball2005 (Post 2861923)
Has anyone had any players transfer to there school in dynasty mode? I have had players leave my school and transfer but never transfer to my school.

I'm running a small Sunbelt conference school, and I had a RB transfer to me from Iowa State after my first season. Haven't had any in the following two offseasons. I've heard that small schools in this game tend to receive transfers and larger schools tend to lose them, but I dunno if that's always the case.

casualty 01-10-2007 04:29 AM

it seems that the smaller/worse teams get more transfers, i've never had any transfers with bigger schools

CCman 01-10-2007 08:53 AM

I'm playing as Stanford and my second season i had one of USC's 3rd/4th string HBs transfer to me. The weird thing is i can't add the player to my depth charts. Am i doing something wrong or is there some special rule regarding transfers?? I keep getting a msg that "transfered players cant be added to depth chart" or something to that effect. I really want to use him too because he is better then both of my starting RBs.

JIMIHEMMY 01-10-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCman (Post 2866635)
I'm playing as Stanford and my second season i had one of USC's 3rd/4th string HBs transfer to me. The weird thing is i can't add the player to my depth charts. Am i doing something wrong or is there some special rule regarding transfers?? I keep getting a msg that "transfered players cant be added to depth chart" or something to that effect. I really want to use him too because he is better then both of my starting RBs.

Just like in real life, transfers must sit out a year before they can play. So, no, you can't add them to your depth chart. If they have not redshirted a year yet, the best thing to do is to redshirt them now. That way, eventhough they cannot play at least you won't lose a year of eligiblity.

It's best to accept transfers who have not already redshirted because you will lose a year of eligibilty of those that have.

Chitown1211 01-10-2007 10:53 AM

Im in year 2017 of a very successful Minneasota dynasty. One year I believe around 2012 I had 3 players request transfers to my school. I only accepted 2 of them.

That was the one and only time I had transfer requests. I wonder if the size of your roster has something to do with it as well. At that time my team was pretty thin. But for the last few years I always have around 70 guys on the roster.

hawkpride04 01-10-2007 12:35 PM

Is there anyway to reduce the number of transfers. Especially from big time programs and to prevent players who normally wouldnt transfer from transferring.

Chitown1211 01-10-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkpride04 (Post 2867015)
Is there anyway to reduce the number of transfers. Especially from big time programs and to prevent players who normally wouldnt transfer from transferring.

Are you seeing this often ? Ive only had 1 instance of transfers in my 10 year dynasty. Also who would not normally transfer ? How do you put a stipulation on that. Anyone can transfer.