Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys (/forums/showthread.php?t=195054)

vick5 01-11-2007 01:20 AM

If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

If 2k sports came out with Legends or Generic game for 2k8 do you think they should use regional cover boys? Lets say in Florida and surrounding areas they have Dan Marino on the cover of Legends Football 2k8, or Around the Wisconsin area they have Brett Favre (pending retirement), In Texas they could have Emmit Smith or Troy AIkman, NY with LT or Phill SImms , Chicago with Butkus. I know I have already seen a Dan Fouts and Dan Marino Legends covers. Maybe people could post their own Legends covers here with these people. I think this would help 2k sports because these local legends would really grab attention. Any thoughts?

sroz39 01-11-2007 01:31 AM

Re: If Lengends/Generic 2k8 exists, Regional Cover Boys

I don't think they should neccessarily go region-specific, but they should seriously consider having multiple covers. This would artificially boost sales, from the extra copies bought by the collectors.

Any extra helps...

MC Fatigue 01-11-2007 01:40 AM

No. I prefer they just stick to one cover. It's too much work, and it just doesn't seem worth it. It also starts to leave people out, because then they've got to decide the special places that will get a special cover - and then what regions around it it will apply to... etc, etc.

It's too much work. And just not worth it. It also starts to single places out... which isn't good.

philliesphan026 01-11-2007 04:06 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck Bednarik or Reggie White on the cover around Philly, but it doesn't really matter.

slimm44 01-11-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesphan026 (Post 2869432)
I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck Bednarik or Reggie White on the cover around Philly, but it doesn't really matter.

No Jeff Garcia?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

DaveDQ 01-11-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 2868468)
No. I prefer they just stick to one cover. It's too much work, and it just doesn't seem worth it. It also starts to leave people out, because then they've got to decide the special places that will get a special cover - and then what regions around it it will apply to... etc, etc.

It's too much work. And just not worth it. It also starts to single places out... which isn't good.

I don't think it's too much work at all. You simply have a hub where they get printed and put in the box and from there disperse them accordingly.

I don't think they should do it regionally, but I do think it would help to showcase different legends so a guy can say, "yeah, I got the Marino cover, which did you go with?"

MC Fatigue 01-11-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dQbell (Post 2869965)
I don't think it's too much work at all. You simply have a hub where they get printed and put in the box and from there disperse them accordingly.

I don't think they should do it regionally, but I do think it would help to showcase different legends so a guy can say, "yeah, I got the Marino cover, which did you go with?"

It is work, though.

Think about it. As it is, all they have to do is print out the discs and ship them. That's it. You start adding different covers and all of a sudden you've got to design them all, you've got to print them all differently, you've got to decide what regions get what, you've got to have a shipping plan for each cover, etc, etc.

It can get very complicated, actually.