Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   FINN'S EDITOR (/forums/showthread.php?t=195873)

BrownsFan72 01-20-2007 09:53 AM

FINN'S EDITOR

Just curious does anyone know who FINN actually is? Does he post on this forum? Does he play 2k5? Just curious... the editor is amazing and was just wondering when it actually appeared etc. just looking for a little history on it.

rumfinator 01-20-2007 01:28 PM

Re: FINN'S EDITOR

He does post on the forum under the name of FlyingFinn. And I could only "assume" he plays espn 2k5 ;)

puja21 01-20-2007 02:48 PM

History lesson:

FlyingFinn is a nickname given to many great athletes of my own home country, Finland. It's been given to hockey players, ralley drivers, and skiiers, but was first and most famously bestowed upon three great Finnish olympic long distance runners of the early 20th century. The third, Paavo Nurmi, won 9 olympic gold medals & 3 silvers.

Like any culture's folklore/source of pride or whatever you wanna call it, Finns often pull out this nickname in everyday life-- it's my mom's license plate for instance.

I can only assume that the OS handle is also "our" FlyingFinn's small reference to his homeland. From my dealings w/ him just over email, Finn is a really friendly guy. You don't have to look much further than his gift of the editor, however, to come to that conclusion.

cheers to Finn:cheers444

FlyingFinn 01-20-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glorychaser (Post 2888723)
Just curious does anyone know who FINN actually is? Does he post on this forum? Does he play 2k5? Just curious... the editor is amazing and was just wondering when it actually appeared etc. just looking for a little history on it.

I know who he is: yes he posts here and plays 2k5 :y4: Anyway, the editor came about due to my frustration with the game when came out that I could not change player positions. See back in the day, I use to be a "Roster Nut" like the guys around here. If my rosters weren't 100% correct, I just couldn't enjoy the game. This anal-retentive behavior forced me to take matters into my own hands and create the editor. I had some experience in editor creation because I had been creating them for the 2k hockey series since 2k3 (for the same reasons I might add) so I figured I would give it a shot. Over the years, it has just kind of grown into what it is now. Since I have a 360, I don't play much video game football anymore but still ocassionally dust off my xbox and pop in 2k5. Every time I do I am glad I did. I may even try to recover my lost editor code to see if I can't add thing or two to the editor.

Glad you are enjoying the editor.

Cheers,
Finn

BrownsFan72 01-20-2007 05:28 PM

I asked and i shall recieve....thanks guys.

The Bringer 01-20-2007 05:52 PM

Finn

I was wondering if you ever plan to add the ability to edit Career stats for players?

This IMO this would complete your Editor,can you please look into this.

I play alot of exhibition games and it sucks having to see player career stats during pre game and game of 3 years ago.

Please Bro hook us up. I am sure many more would love this feature to be added.

Thank you

C-Bus 01-20-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn (Post 2889164)
I know who he is: yes he posts here and plays 2k5 :y4: Anyway, the editor came about due to my frustration with the game when came out that I could not change player positions. See back in the day, I use to be a "Roster Nut" like the guys around here. If my rosters weren't 100% correct, I just couldn't enjoy the game. This anal-retentive behavior forced me to take matters into my own hands and create the editor. I had some experience in editor creation because I had been creating them for the 2k hockey series since 2k3 (for the same reasons I might add) so I figured I would give it a shot. Over the years, it has just kind of grown into what it is now. Since I have a 360, I don't play much video game football anymore but still ocassionally dust off my xbox and pop in 2k5. Every time I do I am glad I did. I may even try to recover my lost editor code to see if I can't add thing or two to the editor.

Glad you are enjoying the editor.

Cheers,
Finn

I just wanted to say Thank You for creating the editor. It has extended the life of this game for all these years. I'm sure it took alot of time and effort and I think I can speak for many of us in saying we are thankful.

dan77733 01-21-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bringer (Post 2889434)
Finn

I was wondering if you ever plan to add the ability to edit Career stats for players?

This IMO this would complete your Editor,can you please look into this.

I play alot of exhibition games and it sucks having to see player career stats during pre game and game of 3 years ago.

Please Bro hook us up. I am sure many more would love this feature to be added.

Thank you

Actually, there are several things that I wish Finn could look into when he has the chance.

1) Ability to edit the name and appearance of a Head Coach

I know Finn said he doesnt think this is possible but maybe, it has to be done in a franchise file or by using the VIP setup.

2) Ability to change a team's depth chart from 3-4 to 4-3 and vice versa.

This would be great because my 49ers run a 3-4 but their depth chart is 4-3 and while some will say use a 3-4 playbook like the Ravens, it's not the same thing. Using another team's playbook is like subbing a player into a different position.

Maybe looking into how the team's are setup in the program and maybe just being able to switch the team names would somehow be possible.

3) Ability to eliminate actual formations.

It's stupid that you can "delete" formations in the playbook option but then have to keep at least one "base" and "play" in the formation. What's the point of deleting it if you still have to keep a minimum requirement?

4) Ability to edit the playoff schedule.

I hate seeing two AFC and then two NFC games. It's unrealistic and stupid. I'm not looking to switch the teams but being able to move the games up or down and being able to edit the time would be great. Also, being able to edit the "home" and "away" team for the Super Bowl would be great as well. Like last year for example, when the Steelers played by the Seahawks in Ford Field in Detroit, MI. I know the Steelers were the home team but going back to even 2k3, I have always wanted it to be based on whether the SB was held in an AFC or NFC stadium. For example, with SB XLI in Miami, I would have the AFC team as the favorite where as I would have had the NFC team the favorite last year.

5) Ability to add career stats for all players.

This way, when you play the upcoming 2007 season, 2006 rookies like Reggie Bush would actually have their stats listed instead of being blank.

6) Ability to add a depth chart that the CPU cant edit.

I'm sorry but why VC changed the depth chart is beyond me. It's crappy AND is the reason as to why starters become the backup come playoff time. The CPU also changing the kick and punt returners after week one really pisses me off as well because what's the point of creating a roster and fixing the DC and then have the damn CPU just do it, it's own way? I hate 2k5's DC and wish VC would have just stayed with the basic 2k3/2k4 depth chart.

I think I might have one or two more things as well but im not playing 2k5 at the moment so I cant think of all the stuff that bugs me while playing.

And to Finn -

I know im coming off as a greedy bastard but your editor is the ONLY reason as to why I ever purchased an Xbox with 2k5 and an AR as well as my laptop PC (I was previously using my Dreamcast as my ISP). I just wanted to continue playing 2k5 as opposed to playing that same crap, different year garbage called Madden.

I'm sorry for being a pain in the *** but if I had the knowledge and knew what the hell I was doing, I would try to figure out all this stuff myself but sadly, I wouldnt have a clue as to what I should be doing.

Anyway, thanks Finn. Whether or not you ever release another version of your editor, you will always be the reason as to why im still playing 2k5 and for that alone, you truly are a GOD!!!