Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Football Friday?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=197025)

TIm 02-02-2007 06:30 AM

Football Friday??

Hey I was just wondering if maybe we will have football friday again.. If they do this when would they start? That would be really cool.

FlyingFinn 02-02-2007 12:26 PM

Re: Football Friday??

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIm (Post 2915665)
Hey I was just wondering if maybe we will have football friday again.. If they do this when would they start? That would be really cool.

If there is one this year, I imagine it would not start until after E3 if the game is slated for a summer release.

TCrouch 02-02-2007 12:28 PM

There is no more E3, unless I misunderstood all those news stories last year.

tanis38 02-02-2007 12:32 PM

I think there still is an E3, only it won't be anything like it was before. E3 became like the Super Bowl. This mega event that was more about the glam than the game . . or in this case, games.

FlyingFinn 02-02-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCrouch (Post 2916159)
There is no more E3, unless I misunderstood all those news stories last year.

Actually, it is not until July 11th this year (invitation only) so I would assume Football Fridays would have to start before E3 with a possbile release coinciding with the show.

TCrouch 02-02-2007 12:58 PM

Yeah, but I thought nobody rushed to create anything anymore or release anything, so there was basically nothing there. I doubt there will even be much there at all? The developers seemed ecstatic that they no longer had to go to E3 or get anything ready for it, so it wouldn't make sense for them to wait until after a show that they probably won't show anything at to divulge any information?

jmood88 02-02-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCrouch (Post 2916209)
Yeah, but I thought nobody rushed to create anything anymore or release anything, so there was basically nothing there. I doubt there will even be much there at all? The developers seemed ecstatic that they no longer had to go to E3 or get anything ready for it, so it wouldn't make sense for them to wait until after a show that they probably won't show anything at to divulge any information?

IGN has said that there will still be major announcements and since the date changed, the developers can put together better things to show to the press.

djphleks 02-02-2007 04:31 PM

Yeah I would probably think its starts in July. Hopefully they will release before madden