Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I sure hope they took a Winning Eleven Approach to this game (/forums/showthread.php?t=199615)

JOEdellis 02-27-2007 07:28 PM

I sure hope they took a Winning Eleven Approach to this game

I hope to god they did, that would be soo great. Ya know how the WE community pretty much make them FIFA AUTHENTIC, just think of the same approach but for this game.

djordan 02-28-2007 07:38 AM

Re: I sure hope they took a Winning Eleven Approach to this game

How many threads we have on this already?

JOEdellis 02-28-2007 10:23 PM

this one

Boltman 02-28-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEdellis (Post 2970440)
I hope to god they did, that would be soo great. Ya know how the WE community pretty much make them FIFA AUTHENTIC, just think of the same approach but for this game.

It's been said a million times already, we all hope this, it is a given.

aholbert32 02-28-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEdellis (Post 2970440)

Since this game isnt coming out on the PC, there is only so much you can do. For example with WE/PES on the PC, I have authentic faces, stadiums, rosters, boots, uniforms and logos for the 6 major international leagues. With the PC though there are a ton of editors that help you create them.

I think it will be very difficult for 2k to add an editor that allows you to do that much. Hopefully we will be able to edit names and make the uniforms as close to NFL teams as possible. I'll be happy if we can at least do that.

Spectre 03-01-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2974448)
Since this game isnt coming out on the PC, there is only so much you can do. For example with WE/PES on the PC, I have authentic faces, stadiums, rosters, boots, uniforms and logos for the 6 major international leagues. With the PC though there are a ton of editors that help you create them.

I think it will be very difficult for 2k to add an editor that allows you to do that much. Hopefully we will be able to edit names and make the uniforms as close to NFL teams as possible. I'll be happy if we can at least do that.

Should be doable- the console editor for Winning Eleven 7 was my first exposure to the series. After a bit of screwing around, I had kits that almost exactly resembled reality. That editor could definitely be improved. I wish games for the 360 utilized the PC a lot more though... it just seems like a wasted opportunity overall throughout all 360 games.

thejackal25 03-01-2007 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2974448)

I think it's very possible for them to have an excellent level of customizability.

1. In-game logo editor resembling that of games like PES 2004. The logo editor allows for pixel by pixel editing of logos much like a basic PC paint program
2. CAP from NBA 2k7 is pretty awesome...definitely the best that VC has ever created and with a good amount of effort you can actually create a lot of realistic faces
3. Audio database from CHoops 2k7 is massive, so I'd imagine selecting real names for football players to be very good
4. Renaming players is simple and has been possible in a lot of 2k's games
5. Realigning what teams are in specific divisions was already possible in 2k5, so organizing a league of editable teams would work in much the same way

Stadium editing probably won't be all that great, if it's included at all, but for me that wouldn't be too big of a deal. I'd be happy if they have the stadium editing options that current gen Madden has offered when creating new teams, moving teams, or remodeling stadiums in owner mode.

FlyingFinn 03-01-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackal25 (Post 2974923)
I think it's very possible for them to have an excellent level of customizability.

1. In-game logo editor resembling that of games like PES 2004. The logo editor allows for pixel by pixel editing of logos much like a basic PC paint program
2. CAP from NBA 2k7 is pretty awesome...definitely the best that VC has ever created and with a good amount of effort you can actually create a lot of realistic faces
3. Audio database from CHoops 2k7 is massive, so I'd imagine selecting real names for football players to be very good
4. Renaming players is simple and has been possible in a lot of 2k's games
5. Realigning what teams are in specific divisions was already possible in 2k5, so organizing a league of editable teams would work in much the same way

Stadium editing probably won't be all that great, if it's included at all, but for me that wouldn't be too big of a deal. I'd be happy if they have the stadium editing options that current gen Madden has offered when creating new teams, moving teams, or remodeling stadiums in owner mode.

All of the things you mentioned are possible, at least by themselves. But trying to squeeze them all in, along with great graphics, real phyics and outstanding football game play would be no small feat!