Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Launch of 2K8 - What's More Important to You? (/forums/showthread.php?t=206035)

ac11367 05-09-2007 09:37 AM

The Launch of 2K8 - What's More Important to You?

Are you happy that you finally get to play a football game on current gen (PS3, 360) besides EA's offerings, or are you happier that competition to Madden finally has arrived, which forces EA to make Madden better?

I'm for the latter, but I will buy both games though.

Pared 05-09-2007 09:50 AM

Re: The Launch of 2K8 - What's More Important to You?

I'm happy to see a different take on football. Madden has just gone stale, IMO.

If Madden's gameplay is better this year, then I will happily play that title instead. It's all about what is fun, and frankly to me, Madden just isn't anymore.

Brandwin 05-09-2007 09:56 AM

I'm just happy to have more choices and something new to the table.

Gary Armida 05-09-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 3106720)
I'm happy to see a different take on football. Madden has just gone stale, IMO.

If Madden's gameplay is better this year, then I will happily play that title instead. It's all about what is fun, and frankly to me, Madden just isn't anymore.

Gotta agree with you there. The last 2 Maddens, I completely lost interest in really quickly. In years past I would play that along side NBA 2K, but once NBA came out Madden collected dust.

baa7 05-09-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac11367 (Post 3106707)
Are you happy that you finally get to play a football game on current gen (PS3, 360)

Yes, that's ME! HAPPY! And my 360 is so happy as well!

I'm probably even happier that it's a 2K football game and not, say, Konami or something. And I'm EXTREMELY happy it's VC and not Kush!

These are happy days we're living in!

bigfnjoe96 05-09-2007 10:20 AM

IMO, it's sad that another company has to be the-1 to light a fire under another developer's @$$ in order for that developer to start putting out a decent product.

DaveDQ 05-09-2007 10:24 AM

To me, the 2K football series has always gotten better. There's always been this debate between Madden and 2K, it'll go on forever. But, when you look at each game in respect to how long they've been around, you can't deny that the 2K series has had more "meaningful" additions to their game than Madden.

So, that's what I'm looking forward to with All-Pro. I'm now over the fact that there will be no NFL, no franchise and all that goes along with it. I'm now looking forward to what they will do with next-gen football.

NFL 2K5 wasn't perfect, but the EA/NFL deal did land a huge body blow to the franchise, and that prevented 2K from taking their game to the next level and correcting certain areas where 2K5 needed it.

When all is said and done, I guarantee, even without the NFL, this game is going to turn some heads, and some people will be asking, "Why can't Madden do that?"

Brandwin 05-09-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96 (Post 3106774)
IMO, it's sad that another company has to be the-1 to light a fire under another developer's @$$ in order for that developer to start putting out a decent product.

I agree, but if that's what it takes, I won't complain too much. I know EA can put out a great game. To me, 2K coming out is a win win for everyone.