Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update (/forums/showthread.php?t=206160)

coogrfan 05-10-2007 06:52 PM

IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

Impressions after yesterday's press event in San Fran:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/787/787313p1.html

funky_chicken 05-10-2007 07:25 PM

Re: IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

Was a nice read. Can't wait to play the game in July.

bad_philanthropy 05-10-2007 07:31 PM

Not that it really matters to me, but it's interesting that this is next-gen and they have to take out graphical features like helmet reflections, and also that it plays more like the last-gen games.

ChicagoChris 05-10-2007 07:39 PM

Ever notice that every year someone says:

"Corner routes are no longer money plays -- if you want to connect, you'll need to time the pass in the window against a vulnerable defensive formation like a cover two. If you wait too long, the safety will be in position to make a break on the ball."

Every year since NCAA 99 i always hear the same marketing line.

booker21 05-10-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoChris (Post 3109289)
Ever notice that every year someone says:

"Corner routes are no longer money plays -- if you want to connect, you'll need to time the pass in the window against a vulnerable defensive formation like a cover two. If you wait too long, the safety will be in position to make a break on the ball."

Every year since NCAA 99 i always hear the same marketing line.

LOL i agree with you 110%

AuburnAlumni 05-10-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

We then booted up a quick game with Arkansas to check out all world athlete Darren McFadden, possibly the favorite to win the Heisman next season (and the only 99-rated player in the game this year). Just the day before, EA inserted the Wildcat formation in which McFadden, a tailback by trade, gets under center as quarterback in a shotgun formation. Most of the plays operate on a fly sweep motion as the flanker to the left sprints in motion to the right. McFadden takes the snap just as the receiver reaches him and will either hand off on the sweep or go into play action or run the ball himself.
Twenty bucks says that your average 16 year old trash talking "Madden Challenge" type moron online suddenly becomes a HUGE Arkansas Razorback fan come July.

I pray the defensive AI is up to the task because this sounds like absolute Swiss Cheese.

Moostache 05-10-2007 09:05 PM

The articles, and the optimism of reading them, do not survive very long after watching the video clips. The jury is still out to be sure - and the return of missing features from last-gen versions will be very welcome on the PS3 and 360 - but this is NOT living up to the producer's claims from their interviews...

Husker_OS 05-10-2007 09:56 PM

McFadden and the wildcat formation? That's a sim gamers nightmare online.