Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruiting - BPA or System guy (/forums/showthread.php?t=206894)

georgiafan 05-21-2007 10:42 AM

Recruiting - BPA or System guy

This is a question that is usually asked about NFL instead college. Most of the time is pretty easy to recruit, espically when your playing with a big name school. I didn't play the 360 version last year, but I think they had more ratings then the PS2 did. They are certain ablilties that I look for when I recruit a guy. Most of the time I will go after the lower ranked. So when you recruit, do you always go after the best player on the board ? Do you go after the guy that is ranked lower, but a better for the system you run?

QB - Drop Back or Option
RB - Speed or Power
WR - Speed or Possesion
OT - Run blocking or Pass Block
LB - Run stoper vs Coverage
CB - Man or Zone

Cyros 05-21-2007 11:01 AM

Re: Recruiting - BPA or System guy

Certain positions it simply depends on what I'm doing. Like, when I had SJSU running the spread I did look for pass blocking lineman and speedy wide receivers. Than I moved to Florida and converted them to an option run squad where I recruited lineman with higher running blocking ability and despite the QBs rank, if he couldn't scramble I didn't recruit him.

JohnnytheSkin 05-21-2007 11:09 AM

I always look for the guys that fits the system! I feel it's more realistic, and that way you don't always pull down five star recruiting classes with the middle of the pack teams (or even with the big time programs).

georgiafan 05-21-2007 11:09 AM

QB is the position that if you recruit someone that doesn't fit your system your entire offense has to change. If your a option team there really is no way you can recruit a QB that runs a 5.0 40 yard dash and without changing your gameplan.

UNC_Pete 05-21-2007 11:17 AM

I know it is unrealistic but I recruit the very best and change my system. Usually this is around my QB.

MassNole 05-21-2007 11:19 AM

I usually go for the best available talent more often than not, but I do have certain attributes I look for. My QB needs to be somewhat athletic, but more often than not I go best available and cater to the talent.

Lintyfresh85 05-21-2007 11:35 AM

system all the way, that is unless I lose out on my guys then I go with the best available player.

BROman 05-21-2007 11:40 AM

qb is really the only position i recruit for system. at line positions, i go w/ bpa, and at skill positions, i always go after the fast players. i'll take fast 4* guys over not as fast 5* guys. as for qb, i run a multiple formation offense a la maryland, so i go after qbs w/ decent speed and good accuracy. the qb doesn't have to be a burner, but but i typically go for qbs w/ 4.7 and below 40 times. good accuracy is a must too, so i don't get a lot of burners anyway b/c most of them have like C+ accuracy, i like at least B and above.