Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere (/forums/showthread.php?t=208933)

tommygunn 06-17-2007 12:46 PM

NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere

Is it me or does this look like the same exact game we've been playing forever now. I'm a big atmosphere/pagentry guy. Do I have to hear the same boring drum cadences after every first down? It's been the same for years now! How about some more clever band interaction? College bands add a HUGE amout to game day atmosphere but they are woefully absent in the NCAA series. GIVE ME SOME ATMOSPHERE DAMN IT!!!!!!

aholbert32 06-17-2007 12:48 PM

Re: NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygunn (Post 3175982)
Is it me or does this look like the same exact game we've been playing forever now. I'm a big atmosphere/pagentry guy. Do I have to hear the same boring drum cadences after every first down? It's been the same for years now! How about some more clever band interaction? College bands add a HUGE amout to game day atmosphere but they are woefully absent in the NCAA series. GIVE ME SOME ATMOSPHERE DAMN IT!!!!!!

Its just you.

skychotic 06-17-2007 12:55 PM

I guess I would like to see some more post-play cut-scenes like the ones that were on the PS2 versions except better, along with highlights from around the country and a pre-game analysis that is actually worth watching. Yet at the same time I'll take gameplay improvements over presentation improvements any day, but I agree it should be improved.

ex carrabba fan 06-17-2007 12:57 PM

I hope dynamic crowds are in this year, as well as in Madden. Also, I found the crowd to act somewhat odd last year, as they always seemed to be jumping up and down. Just seemed a bit off.

stingya 06-17-2007 01:00 PM

Hey... I’m with you! The problem is that most guys out there care only about game play and certain features. And unfortunately there probably isn’t enough time to implement everything each year. I agree, I wish they could add to the atmosphere. Get some new sounds in the game. Bring back the cheerleaders with next gen graphics! :y220: The little things add to the experience. Personally I could careless about certain dynasty features such as hiring and firing assistant coaches but a lot of dudes do!

Sting 06-17-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygunn (Post 3175982)

co-sign

njskillz 06-17-2007 01:09 PM

I played two games of NCAA 2007 (360) yesterday. I have to totally disagree with you. If your talking current gen, then yes, I can wholeheartedly agree. But the 360 version? Same old atmosphere? Mind you I am playing on a 62" Mitsu DLP so that may be clouding my judgement.

baumy300 06-17-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 3175984)
Its just you.

No it's not. Atmosphere is what makes college ball stand out.

Without the atmosphere, college ball is just a glorified high school game. It's the traditions and little things that will make this game a better experience. Atmosphere and pagentry are huge.