Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NEXT GEN TECMOBOWL IN 08? (/forums/showthread.php?t=209796)

LDX97 06-25-2007 04:07 PM

NEXT GEN TECMOBOWL IN 08?

I know I've heard talks of this however, I just got my new issue of G.I. or EGM . I forget which one and I'm too lazy to run downstairs to get it. lol. But it makes a brief mention of how rygar and tecmobowl are coming to next gen in 08.
Anyone else know more about this?

The GIGGAS 06-25-2007 04:15 PM

Re: NEXT GEN TECMOBOWL IN 08?

Here's an article on joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/11/te...turns-in-2008/

terrapinman 06-25-2007 04:29 PM

as long as they bring back the dual music when each team has the ball then its all good with me.

CarryTheWeight 06-25-2007 06:27 PM

The article describes that Tecmo Bowl will be available on ONE next-gen console.

"I can't tell you what platform we're making it for. But I can tell you that it's probably not going to be on the platform that you're expecting ... if that makes any sense," hinted Tecmo vice president Mr. Inaga, adding, "This is going to be a brand new game for one of the new systems."

Let's just hope that changes...I would like a multiplatform Tecmo Bowl developed by VC any day...anyway, my prediction for the new Tecmo Bowl's system? The Wii. I just have a feeling for some reason, probably since Tecmo Bowl recently came out on Virtual Console. But still, why can't this come out on every next-gen platform?

Badboy49er 06-26-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight (Post 3191764)
Let's just hope that changes...I would like a multiplatform Tecmo Bowl developed by VC any day...anyway, my prediction for the new Tecmo Bowl's system? The Wii. I just have a feeling for some reason, probably since Tecmo Bowl recently came out on Virtual Console. But still, why can't this come out on every next-gen platform?

I agree on the multi-platform...

But why in the world would you want VC to make Tecmo Bowl when Tecmo themselves did just fine making there OWN game?

That would be like me saying i would like Epic(Unreal Tournament/Gears of War)) to make the next Half-life instead of Valve themselves...

CarryTheWeight 06-26-2007 08:26 AM

My bad, badboy49er. I misread the article thinking Tecmo actually hired Visual Concepts to be the developer of Tecmo Bowl. Turns out the (poorly-worded) article said Tecmo is simply contemporaries in the same field...

With newly revealed plans to revive the Tecmo Bowl franchise in 2008, Tecmo joins Visual Concepts in an attempt to prove that football games can be fun without NFL trademarks.

That quote threw me off completely...that whole Chris Benoit fiasco really messed my reading skills up, it seemed. That's what happen in this era of information overload. You don't quite know what you're talking about...

...or is it because the article is poorly written?

Badboy49er 06-26-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight (Post 3192955)
My bad, badboy49er. I misread the article thinking Tecmo actually hired Visual Concepts to be the developer of Tecmo Bowl. Turns out the (poorly-worded) article said Tecmo is simply contemporaries in the same field...

With newly revealed plans to revive the Tecmo Bowl franchise in 2008, Tecmo joins Visual Concepts in an attempt to prove that football games can be fun without NFL trademarks.

That quote threw me off completely...that whole Chris Benoit fiasco really messed my reading skills up, it seemed. That's what happen in this era of information overload. You don't quite know what you're talking about...

...or is it because the article is poorly written?

LOL nah its cool, i was like WTF? i love Visual Concepts but i dont want them making every game lol. And yes it was worded in a way where it could be confusing LOL