Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Just thought of someting for multiplayer (/forums/showthread.php?t=209798)

MoL2k 06-25-2007 04:38 PM

Just thought of someting for multiplayer

...One thing I hate when I am playing a buddy that is "sitting" next to me...is the play screen interface...I know you can bluff your plays...but still...I can still tell if it is a run or pass....

EA/360 should make a controller (Sport Controller) that has a LCD sceen on it where you can select your plays there. This way when you are playing against your buddy...you can pick your play in privacy.

The GIGGAS 06-25-2007 04:44 PM

Re: Just thought of someting for multiplayer

It has been done before with 2k on the VMUs that the Dreamcast had. Man, what a killer idea. That system shouldn't have died, it was really something.

MoL2k 06-25-2007 04:46 PM

Really...Cool...

They should have this for all those Madden Tourney's out there.

rspencer86 06-25-2007 05:00 PM

An LCD would be cool, but wouldn't it just be easier if they went back to the old method of calling plays? Or if they came up with something that doesn't telegraph your playcall?

TJdaSportsGuy 06-25-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoL2k (Post 3191553)
Really...Cool...

They should have this for all those Madden Tourney's out there.

I always felt that for the Madden Challenge, all games should be played online on 2 different screens to protect from that sort of thing. I know having the guy standing right next to me totally messed with my head when I competed in it last year. I did much much better in the Madden Challenge Online Tournament (finished in the final 8 out of 512 competitors).

MoL2k 06-25-2007 06:30 PM

Nice...

I would love to play in a tourney (Although I am average at best), but I think the closest one they have to me is up in Seattle....

chance 06-25-2007 08:59 PM

Or make a add on thing like the IM Keyboard that plugs into the head set part on the bottom of the controller.