Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Clock Rules (/forums/showthread.php?t=210780)

MachoMyers 07-05-2007 10:34 AM

New Clock Rules

I've watched the vids but haven't noticed if the new clock rules that started last season made it into the game.

I know Martin Stadium didn't so maybe this didn't as well.

Deegeezy 07-05-2007 10:41 AM

Re: New Clock Rules

The new clock rules from last year have been nixed in real life. Everyone hated it; The fans, the players, and the coaches.

CAJUN COMMISH 07-05-2007 10:44 AM

No kidding, those clock rules sucked. LSU sure would have enjoyed a little more time - especially in that Auburn game.

I am going to assume that has been changed back as that was done pretty much right after the season ended last year. Not sure why anyone would want to hurry up to end something that is so fun to watch.

MachoMyers 07-05-2007 11:01 AM

Aw man, how did I miss this?

Thank goodness...Teams were getting screwed at the end of games, returning a kick before a 2 minute drive and having to burn a timeout before the offense even took the field.

Mos1ted 07-05-2007 11:11 AM

Yeah i hated that rule. I loved it when I was winning though lol

Aggies7 07-05-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier12 (Post 3211574)
Aw man, how did I miss this?

Thank goodness...Teams were getting screwed at the end of games, returning a kick before a 2 minute drive and having to burn a timeout before the offense even took the field.

Yea I hated the clock rules, but I am pretty sure they scraped it. I dont think it speeded the games up it just made for horrible endings to games. I dont remember which game but a team scored to go ahead with 1:05 to go and by the time the trailing team snapped the ball after the kick off it was down to
0:45 which sucked cause I love watching those last second drives.

mdgoalie37 07-05-2007 11:32 AM

I think they still need to do something to speed it up some - there is no reason to stop the clocks on a first down the entire game - if you want to do that in the last 5 minutes fine, but not the whole game. College games shouldn't be 4 hours when NFL games are 3.

countryboy 07-05-2007 11:38 AM

I too hated the clock rules from last year. Glad they switched them back.