Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Here are the Bears Weapons: (/forums/showthread.php?t=211043)

Siggy778 07-07-2007 07:24 PM

Here are the Bears Weapons:

I read on a SportsGamer.com that the Bears have 14 players with weapons in Madden 08. It also stated that players wont have more than 1 weapon (I didn't know that). The confirmed ones are all ones I've seen in videos. Speculated ones are educated guesses.

Confirmed:
1. R. Grossman (QB)- Cannon Arm QB
2. B. Berrian (WR)- Speed
3. D. Hester (WR)- Speed
4. R. Brown (RG)- Pass Blocker
5. O. Kruetz (C)- Pass Blocker
6. A. Ogunleye (LE)- Finesse Move D-Lineman
7. T. Harris (DT)- Power Move D-Lineman
8. L. Briggs (OLB)- Brick Wall Defender
9. B. Urlacher (MLB)- Big Hitter
10. R. Gould (K)- Accurate Kicker

Speculation:
11. M. Muhammad (WR)- Possession Receiver
12. M. Anderson (RE)- Finesse Move D-Lineman
13. C. Tillman (CB)- Press Coverage Corner
14. N. Vasher (CB)- Lockdown Corner/Smart Corner

Rationale:
I believe M. Muhammad and C. Tillman will have those respective weapons. Vasher most likely will have one of those two weapons. Mark Anderson should have that weapon but he's not even technically a starter and he's only been in the league for one year so he may get overlooked.

I've seen a video where neither Bears safety had a weapon icon. Same with C. Benson, and A. Brown.

On an unrelated note, I wouldn't mind seeing "Special Teams Stud" as a weapon. The Bears (and many other teams) have players that are 2nd or 3rd stringers who shine on special teams coverage (Adrian Peterson comes to mind).

Let me know what you guys think about all of this.

Leahmic223 07-07-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Here are the Bears Weapons:

They say that it is unsure whether players can have more than 1 weapon. I thought they could have as many as they want. Because how can you restrict guy slike Peyton to just 'Smart QB' yet i'd give him that accurate one also. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ODogg 07-07-2007 08:00 PM

Berrian should also have the spectacular catch weapon

Russell_SCEA 07-07-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

I read on a SportsGamer.com that the Bears have 14 players with weapons in Madden 08. It also stated that players wont have more than 1 weapon (I didn't know that). The confirmed ones are all ones I've seen in videos. Speculated ones are educated guesses.
That is not true I don't know where they got that from but its totally false players can have more than one weapon types. I don't know why they posted that article with false information EA has stated multiple times that players can be multiple weapons during their career.

DaveDQ 07-07-2007 08:44 PM

I thought Rex's weapon would be the "I'm confused" look.

Cyros 07-07-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell05 (Post 3216284)
That is not true I don't know where they got that from but its totally false players can have more than one weapon types. I don't know why they posted that article with false information EA has stated multiple times that players can be multiple weapons during their career.

That could be read as one year Rex will have the rocket-arm ability and than you play well enough that next season he'll have the Smart QB weapon instead of rocket arm.

Siggy778 07-07-2007 09:05 PM

Like I said, I didn't know players could have only 1 weapon and I agree that it's dumb because many players should have multiple ones. But how does it determine what icon shows up on the field for players that have multiple weapons?

And I agree that B. Berrian should have spectacular catch. The TD catches vs. Detroit and New Orleans last year were both awesome. But at the same time, a couple of great catches shouldn't mean anyone that does that gets the weapon. They can't be handing out weapons to everyone.

Russell_SCEA 07-07-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Like I said, I didn't know players could have only 1 weapon and I agree that it's dumb because many players should have multiple ones. But how does it determine what icon shows up on the field for players that have multiple weapons?

And I agree that B. Berrian should have spectacular catch. The TD catches vs. Detroit and New Orleans last year were both awesome. But at the same time, a couple of great catches shouldn't mean anyone that does that gets the weapon. They can't be handing out weapons to everyone.
Players can have more than one weapons icon guys like R.Lewis will be smart LB, Brick wall defender and a big hitter. You will also see guys like LT who will be very dangerous in the game the weapons system is only the way that EA highlights what players have high ratings in certain categories. Once a players specific rating reaches a point he will get the icon but just because C.Bailey and A.Harris are both shutdown CB's that doesn't mean they will play the same way in the game.