Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Julius Peppers on Offense? (/forums/showthread.php?t=211614)

J.R._Smith_Hornets 07-12-2007 05:29 PM

Julius Peppers on Offense?

I was messing around with Madden the other day and I found a formation in the Panther's playbook where you could substitute Julius Peppers in for a Wide Receiver. I was wondering if anybody else knows any other formations in which you could substitute in defensive players. I know in the goal line formation you can substitute in defensive end/tackles, but I like the idea of putting someone like Devin Hester, Champ Bailey or some other player on offense.

USF11 07-12-2007 05:54 PM

Re: Julius Peppers on Offense?

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R._Smith_Hornets (Post 3228489)
I was messing around with Madden the other day and I found a formation in the Panther's playbook where you could substitute Julius Peppers in for a Wide Receiver. I was wondering if anybody else knows any other formations in which you could substitute in defensive players. I know in the goal line formation you can substitute in defensive end/tackles, but I like the idea of putting someone like Devin Hester, Champ Bailey or some other player on offense.

Peppers does play offense in some situations which is neat considering EA added this. As for Hester hes playing WR this year for the Bears so you get to play him on offense.

I dunno about champ I havent seen him on offense ever, could be wrong.

Seems to me this is more of a playbook substition thing.

stewaat 07-12-2007 06:05 PM

Julius is the best. He should be a 100, at least

d_max 07-12-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewaat (Post 3228594)
Julius is the best. He should be a 100, at least

Haha.. we all have our favorites I suppose

JohnnytheSkin 07-12-2007 07:29 PM

Well Champ played some offense back at Georgia...to my knowledge he's NEVER suited up on "O" for the Broncos, but who knows what Norv did back in D.C.!

Don't forget about Vrabel and Bruschi on the Pats. They've both been in on offense in goal line situations.

bkfount 07-12-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USF11 (Post 3228561)
Peppers does play offense in some situations which is neat considering EA added this. As for Hester hes playing WR this year for the Bears so you get to play him on offense.

except he really doesn't play offense enough to warrant him really being an option like that. He only did it a few times in goal line situations, and has never got a reception ever.

ps2baseball 07-12-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin (Post 3228794)
Well Champ played some offense back at Georgia...to my knowledge he's NEVER suited up on "O" for the Broncos, but who knows what Norv did back in D.C.!

Don't forget about Vrabel and Bruschi on the Pats. They've both been in on offense in goal line situations.

Not Tedy, you must mean Seymour?

Aggies7 07-12-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps2baseball (Post 3228965)
Not Tedy, you must mean Seymour?

I thought they had Tedy on offense one time, but I may be wrong. I definately know Vrabel and Seymour played in goalline situations.