Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   APF 2k8 A Great Move On 2k's Part (/forums/showthread.php?t=212139)

HELLisFUN 07-16-2007 11:32 PM

APF 2k8 A Great Move On 2k's Part

I think this idea of releasing a 2k football game is contributing mostly to the idea of showing the NFL that 2k still got the ability to make football games.

Think about it, in 2009, 2k can have the ability to make NFL football if NFL doesn't go Exclusive again with EA. And I think 2k brought this game out now to show within the next two years (including this year) what abilities they've got as far as making a football game.

Next year, I'm very sure they will outstandingly impress the sports gaming world with their amazing gameplay, new franchise mode (I think they wanted to polish it up to make it as good as possible thus the reason IMO it wasn't implemented in 2k8), and finally maybe they will have a graphical upgrade next year to show how great it can look along with its already great gameplay (although we aren't sure how the graphics look at the moment).

I really think it's a great move on VC Take-twos part to make All-Pro Football for the next two years and try to win back the ability to make NFL football.

What ya guys think?

Sausage 07-16-2007 11:49 PM

Re: APF 2k8 A Great Move On 2k's Part

There is no denying it, but others and myself believe there could have been more done to get the publics interests in the whole legends theme. Instead it seems they are assuming or just hoping that previous/current 2k5 lovers will instantly pick this game up.

Word of mouth is one thing, but great ads are a whole new beast. I have only seen one ad on television, and the tube is usually on in my place. The one thing this game has going for itself is for those that enjoy the pro game more than the college could get impatient and pick this up to get an early football fix.

On the real though it isn't about EA vs VC/T2, but about us and the many other football nuts out there, with the announcement of this game we get a great game with a few rough edges, and then we get a game that people believe can/should be better, and it seems like it might be there best game in years, heck I am excited for all three.

Like someone already from July 2007 into 2008 someone will probably be all football games APF2K8, NCAA 08, and Madden 08. For me personally I'll be alternating those three with Halo 3.

Peace

Damanjinx 07-16-2007 11:59 PM

I agree with both Posts above. 2k has always made great football games. But one thing that has always lacked in 2k is Marketing. Alot of games today is about Marketing, Marketing, Marketing, EA has made its Name by making it apart of a social life, Ala Apple. I just cant undestand why 2k has not pushed there Marketing. Dont get me wrong i understand word of mouth but a Nice commercial, nice internet ads. I just dont get it i mean sooo many friends of mine have no idea about 2k8, all they no is Madden and its because every 5minutes its on TV and they love football...and theres nothing showing that 2k8 is out.

jfsolo 07-17-2007 12:07 AM

The quality of 2k's football title wasn't an issue before and won't be in the future. The only thing that will matter is if 2k will be able to wave a big enough check in front of the NFL's face to get them to grant multiple licenses again. As long as the publisher doesn't do anything that creates any kind of negative imagery toward the NFL, its just about the money.

Hell, Microsoft could get exclusivity by outbidding EA if they wanted to, their difficulty would be in making a game that could recoup at least most of that investment.

HELLisFUN 07-17-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 3240312)
The quality of 2k's football title wasn't an issue before and won't be in the future. The only thing that will matter is if 2k will be able to wave a big enough check in front of the NFL's face to get them to grant multiple licenses again. As long as the publisher doesn't do anything that creates any kind of negative imagery toward the NFL, its just about the money.

Hell, Microsoft could get exclusivity by outbidding EA if they wanted to, their difficulty would be in making a game that could recoup at least most of that investment.

I understand that but maybe just maybe NFL has REALIZED that they might have made a mistake by going exclusive with EA. It hurts the consumers in many ways. But also some source (sorry no link) said the NFL was annoyed by the price 2k5 was put $19.99 creating the idea that 2k was trying to accomplish monopoly on their part. But we also know that EA paid a premium price to the NFL for the exclusive, so it could go both ways depending on the way a person sees it.

Here to hoping 2k will get the opportunity to make NFL Football in 2009/2010.:freddy::boxing:

jrivera34 07-17-2007 06:06 AM

I hope that 2K gets the NFL back but I don't want them to get rid of this idea with the legends. In fact, I wish they would make a legends game for all sports. Imagine reuniting Jordan and Pippen and playing Bird and McHale? How about the 1985 version of Doc Gooden going up against Hank Aaron? The possibilities are endless.

I hope this game is as good as I think it will be. The concept is great and it will be a nice change of pace.

slapnutz2k2 07-17-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 3240312)

But couldn't EA get back at Microsoft by pulling all of their games off of the 360??

TJdaSportsGuy 07-17-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2 (Post 3240717)
But couldn't EA get back at Microsoft by pulling all of their games off of the 360??

Do you realize how dumb of a business move that would be for EA? My goodness, how many 360's are in homes right now? Pulling their games for that system isn't even an option.