Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   APF 2K Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Michael Irvin (/forums/showthread.php?t=212330)

YGB 07-17-2007 07:32 PM

Michael Irvin

Michael Irvin
6'2'' 207 lbs

silver tier?
what abilities would you give him? Hes definitely more of a posession reciever

Behindshadows 07-17-2007 11:46 PM

Re: Michael Irvin

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGB (Post 3243044)
Michael Irvin
6'2'' 207 lbs

silver tier?
what abilities would you give him? Hes definitely more of a posession reciever

Yeah I made a cap for him already....

Don't forget his birthdate, and that his college is Miami...

Abilities I gave him was a reciever who makes difficult catches, and the one that said something about a threat on feet as far a speed.

You can only choose two. If you turn on the Player EQ, he gets better during the season.

YGB 07-18-2007 06:42 PM

Anyone wanna help me out?

what 2 abilities

eDotd 07-19-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGB (Post 3245658)
Anyone wanna help me out?

what 2 abilities

?

He just gave you two

Bad_Intentions 07-19-2007 04:19 PM

I wouldn't use speed for Irvin, I'd say acrobatic catch and maybe pocession receiver

DirrtySouth78 07-19-2007 05:24 PM

I created him and gave him the Tough over the middle and Mr. 3rd down...

holykoraan 07-20-2007 07:01 PM

Well, looking at his career stats...he is definitely a silver tier.I think everyone has agreed on that.
The hard part is choosing the 2 abilities that most capture Irvin. Throughout his career he exhibited strength and rare physicality for the position, he was a big play receiver because of the situations in which he would come up with great catches. He caught deep balls, but never had top-notch speed or route-running ability. It also seems as though most of his BIG catches were VERY difficult ones, as well. Soooooo....even though his career is historically "silver", the attributes he possessed that made him unique deserves 3 abilities.
They are:
Bump Buster (The NFL changed rules because of him)
Clutch (Big Plays in crucial situations, earning him the nickname of "The Playmaker")
Acrobatic Catches (never had the greatest hands, route running, speed, quickness or jumping ability, but made very difficult deep and short catches consistently)
I'm a diehard 49er fan and I know he's not in the same league as rice and others, but...for the sake of creating him for this game realistically, the guy deserves 3 abilities.

Sheik 07-20-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holykoraan (Post 3252262)
Well, looking at his career stats...he is definitely a silver tier.I think everyone has agreed on that.
The hard part is choosing the 2 abilities that most capture Irvin. Throughout his career he exhibited strength and rare physicality for the position, he was a big play receiver because of the situations in which he would come up with great catches. He caught deep balls, but never had top-notch speed or route-running ability. It also seems as though most of his BIG catches were VERY difficult ones, as well. Soooooo....even though his career is historically "silver", the attributes he possessed that made him unique deserves 3 abilities.
They are:
Bump Buster (The NFL changed rules because of him)
Clutch (Big Plays in crucial situations, earning him the nickname of "The Playmaker")
Acrobatic Catches (never had the greatest hands, route running, speed, quickness or jumping ability, but made very difficult deep and short catches consistently)
I'm a diehard 49er fan and I know he's not in the same league as rice and others, but...for the sake of creating him for this game realistically, the guy deserves 3 abilities.

Definitely on the money with your assessment..
I went with Acrobatic Catches and Clutch..
he was the Big Play in Dallas