Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Finally, a answer to all the picks... (/forums/showthread.php?t=213537)

Radioactiveman 07-24-2007 07:30 PM

Finally, a answer to all the picks...

...and that is try throwing to the open guy. It works dang near every time. I've thrown a ton of picks but I've never thrown one and thought to myself that shouldn't have been intercepted.

Hassan Darkside 07-24-2007 07:35 PM

Re: Finally, a answer to all the picks...

Gary Armida 07-24-2007 07:39 PM

You know what, I actually agree with the OP here. I have played 5 or 6 games so far and every pick is my fault. I take the sack or throw it away alot now. I just figured that would be a good approach to it as it seems necessary this year....Oh yeah, play with the sliders too. They help the CPU out too.

DTX3 07-24-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioactiveman (Post 2037605632)
...and that is try throwing to the open guy. It works dang near every time. I've thrown a ton of picks but I've never thrown one and thought to myself that shouldn't have been intercepted.

Its amazing isnt it?

hydrostar 07-24-2007 07:41 PM

People never want to throw balls away on videogames, but if you're being true to life, you would be throwing a few away per game to avoid sacks. That's just football.

Hassan Darkside 07-24-2007 07:51 PM

On the real though, the CPU jumps way too many routes. I know it's simple as throwing to the open man but sometimes I have 1-on-1 coverage and I want to exploit the mismatch, only to have the DB jump the route and pick it off.

The lack of precision passing is tough. I wish you could effectively place the ball while throwing it. I know you can a little bit but it's not 100% effective. Sometimes I try with the vision cone, but it takes valuable seconds switching it on and to the receiver you want.

The big problem to me is that the CPU attempts to intercept passes that they normally would try their best to bat down. I've had my TE coming across the middle with the safety on his back shoulder. I throw it right at his hands and somehow the Safety intercepts it. I think he oughtta do his best to reach in and knock it down.

But I've thrown my share of bad passes.

J-Unit40 07-24-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder8 (Post 2037605674)
On the real though, the CPU jumps way too many routes. I know it's simple as throwing to the open man but sometimes I have 1-on-1 coverage and I want to exploit the mismatch, only to have the DB jump the route and pick it off.

The lack of precision passing is tough. I wish you could effectively place the ball while throwing it. I know you can a little bit but it's not 100% effective. Sometimes I try with the vision cone, but it takes valuable seconds switching it on and to the receiver you want.

The big problem to me is that the CPU attempts to intercept passes that they normally would try their best to bat down. I've had my TE coming across the middle with the safety on his back shoulder. I throw it right at his hands and somehow the Safety intercepts it. I think he oughtta do his best to reach in and knock it down.

But I've thrown my share of bad passes.

What's up Mr. BOLDS-a-lot?

Motown 07-24-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioactiveman (Post 2037605632)

So, what about the cpu INTs?:y7: