Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Money Plays? (/forums/showthread.php?t=214016)

m7406 07-27-2007 12:14 PM

Money Plays?

Alright I will admit it. I am frustrated because I am 2-4 in my online league and offense is a nightmare for me in this game. I dont think there were will be many people to post here because the game doesnt seem to have any money plays but if anybody has any, I am in desperate need

Village Idiot 07-27-2007 12:55 PM

Re: Money Plays?

I haven't found a single money play yet either; but you have to admit this is a good thing in terms of the big picture.

About the only plays I go to on a regular basis are inside posts and slants, outs, and PA FB Flat.

Bizzy Da Kid 07-27-2007 12:58 PM

keys for a stagnant offense...not in any order...

1. learn how to hot route

2. put guys in motion to try to get a glimpse of the presnap D.

3. learn how to audible backs in to block

4. Learn your playbook. If you're able to know your plays before hand then that gives you more time at the line to hot route and have guys blocking.

5. Remember that its just a game, have fun and take chances.

6. Throw to the backs to open up the middle and WR's over the top.

7. Don't mash on the turbo coming out the backfield. You can't do anything else (stiff arm, truck, spin) while mashing turbo.

8. Follow your fullback, he really the key to all 2back run plays. If you follow him without hitting turbo, you can get 4 yard gain easy.

Village Idiot 07-27-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruPlaya (Post 2037613364)

4. Learn your playbook. If you're able to know your plays before hand then that gives you more time at the line to hot route and have guys blocking.

7. Don't mash on the turbo coming out the backfield. You can't do anything else (stiff arm, truck, spin) while mashing turbo.

8. Follow your fullback, he really the key to all 2back run plays. If you follow him without hitting turbo, you can get 4 yard gain easy.

Co-sign. Nice post. :waytogo:

Soonerd2 07-27-2007 01:14 PM

I play as Oklahoma and there is a two tight end single back formation. Two recievers, one on each side. Play-action rollout is what it's called I believe. One of the two tight ends is usually always open.

Steelerfan2k1 07-27-2007 02:55 PM

My "money" formation this year is Trips Bunch.

Basically, on every play in Trips Bunch, you can have one of your receivers run a pattern downfield, and then hot route one of the other three in the bunch to cut across the middle of the field.

If the defense overplays the middle, I also go downfield, and have had several long completions that way. If he drops into coverage against the deep ball, then I usually just drop it off to my receiver cutting over the middle. A lot of times, he will only have to juke or spin one guy to get some decent YAC.

I like this formation, with every play having at least one deep route and being able to hot route a guy over the middle, because it really allows you to take what the defense gives you.

TheShizNo1 07-27-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruPlaya (Post 2037613364)

I'm having trouble w/ no.5:brickwall...lol

m7406 07-28-2007 06:20 AM

bump