Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Running the football (PS3/360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=214641)

rudyjuly2 07-31-2007 10:40 PM

Running the football (PS3/360)

Is anyone else out there struggling to run the ball on AA? I hear how people are finding it too easy on default but I stink. I actually juice up both myself and the cpu run blocking and running back ability to open up both running games. Anyone else finding the default setting on AA to be tough to run with?

ODogg 07-31-2007 10:52 PM

Re: Running the football (PS3/360)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyjuly2 (Post 2037623952)
Is anyone else out there struggling to run the ball on AA? I hear how people are finding it too easy on default but I stink. I actually juice up both myself and the cpu run blocking and running back ability to open up both running games. Anyone else finding the default setting on AA to be tough to run with?

It's about right IMO, with Ohio State I've had games where I only got 50 yards and others where I've gotten 180. I guess it really might depend on who your team is too though, tOSU isn't any slouch in real life in the rushing department.

jfsolo 07-31-2007 11:00 PM

I've been struggling a bit, and by struggling I mean about a 3.7, 3.8 ypc. I don't feel like its unrealistic though, considering my line and backs are both in the low 80's.

I've kept the sliders at default and occasionally will have a breakout game where I have a 5.5-6.0 ypc and break a couple of long ones. Making that first guy miss is big, and having a great blocking fullback also does wonders.

If the DT's and the Mike of the opponent are really good, don't expect to have a big day running the ball.

I think its one of the stronger aspects of the game myself.

Cebby 07-31-2007 11:08 PM

I'm on Heisman and the running is almost perfect.

The only 4 negatives to running are:

1. Option plays which are some what broken due to perfect pitches

2. Some of the gang tackle animations string together weird. Sometimes a defender will stop the ball carrier a yard or 2 short, but then some idiot comes in from behind and knocks everyone forward for the first down.

3. Not enough double team blocking on Isolations, tosses, and off tackle plays. The double teams on stretch plays are amazing, and the pulling OL are a thing of beauty.

4. Too few off tackle plays.

However, none of those things are remotely major. #2 is the only one that really bothers me on any level. I'd give the running game a 9.5/10

EWRMETS 07-31-2007 11:15 PM

I don't know if progressive fatigue is in, but it feels like it is easier to run the ball in the 4th quarter.

bowlerguy92 07-31-2007 11:25 PM

Most of the time I get completely stuffed before the line of scrimmage. I think it is to hard.

CM1847 07-31-2007 11:28 PM

It was too hard for me initially, much too hard, so I made some small slider adjustments and it has become way too easy, so I'm thinking that default is actually pretty good once I am used to playing the game.

Clinton56 07-31-2007 11:31 PM

I think its near perfect.I read the holes and sometimes the Dts will clog up the middle and i have to bounce it outside.What i did was recruit a 6'1 220lb power back and i truck any Lb and Db that gets in my way if i can read the hole correctly at the snap.