Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruiting Coolness (/forums/showthread.php?t=214686)

Jistic 08-01-2007 09:15 AM

Recruiting Coolness

Man I love the way they do recruiting now. I'm in my Illinois dynasty and I'm thinking man this is easy, got a few 5 star guys that LOVE me. No problem. I got the top OLB from Chicago who's all into me his clear top choice......and then he signs with Michigan.

In fact Michigan raided my cupboard.:frown: Took all my guys that had me at #1.

Since recruiting is week to week now it's more intimate to me. I know the players more, and it kills me to lose one. But even moreso you develop your rivalries even more with recruiting wars. Right now I have Michigan more than ever.

The one bit of good news for us the Illini is that we still have a shot with a 5* WR that soft verballed to Michigan but now has moved me back to his #1.

I just love the depth of recruiting this year, it's so much more immersive.

I also didn't know that these guys can change their star rating? I was recruiting a 3* OT that all of a sudden turned into a 4* at the end of the year. Am I seeing things?

SoMiss2000 08-01-2007 10:17 AM

Re: Recruiting Coolness

I am having a great time with recruiting also.

xfactor9600 08-01-2007 10:20 AM

I like recruiting... however, I think NCAA football has reached the breaking point as to adding more features IMHO. I don't think a feature works well if it becomes tedious. NCAA's not there yet, when it comes to recruiting, but it's getting close.

rudyjuly2 08-01-2007 10:42 AM

I'll have to try to get into it more as I just want to play right now. For me NCAA has reached the tedious point with recruiting. It takes more time than I want to spend on it in-season so I just let the cpu handle all the pitching right now.

MIAPhins911 08-01-2007 12:19 PM

yea florda keeps steeling my miami recruits but i recruit inhouse mostly unless there a RB QB or top lineman

jayo 08-01-2007 12:22 PM

I enjoy the recruiting too, but how do you make promises? I've only had one person show up on the "Recruit Promises" list, and it was when he was doing his unofficial visit, but I couldn't promise him anything. How does that work?

stewaat 08-01-2007 01:13 PM

I'm really enjoying the recruiting. I love how a big win can sway your recruits, especially if you win while they're visiting. I beat #1 USC at home and I had two big recruits commit. One was a 6-5 ATH who has 4.22 speed (96 I believe). I have a feeling he's going to play wide receiver for me.

Obviously being Notre Dame makes it easier, but it's still fun to compete against all the big name schools. I took that stud athlete out of North Carolina.

After 8 games I have 4 commits.

5* athlete/WR from NC
5* corner from FL
5* running back from IL
4* offensive tackle from CA

jm2smooth 08-01-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor9600 (Post 2037624749)
I like recruiting... however, I think NCAA football has reached the breaking point as to adding more features IMHO. I don't think a feature works well if it becomes tedious. NCAA's not there yet, when it comes to recruiting, but it's getting close.

Yeah I'm kinda with you as far as recruiting bordering tedious, although now that I have a better understanding of what it is that Im trying to do its become more enjoyable. As far as adding more features, I just would like to see some of the last Gen features added back in. Whatever happened to Discipline Points or how if you were playing an away game in a hostile environment the controller would shake and some of your receivers would miss an audible being called. I also liked the pregame where they would pick a team to win (corso throws on mascot head) and how they would show your star player wamring up while going over his stats. I think now is the time to do this as the gameplay has been greatly improved from last year