Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   A comparison of the animations in 2K8 and NCAA 08 (/forums/showthread.php?t=214726)

seanmac 08-01-2007 03:03 PM

A comparison of the animations in 2K8 and NCAA 08

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mxAsz_xbB0s

Yes, there is some editorializing from the guy who made the video. That said, the point pretty much stands on its own. There's no comparison in the quality of the animations or the smoothness of the game engines.

tanis38 08-01-2007 03:30 PM

Re: A comparison of the animations in 2K8 and NCAA 08

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanmac (Post 2037625369)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mxAsz_xbB0s

Yes, there is some editorializing from the guy who made the video. That said, the point pretty much stands on its own. There's no comparison in the quality of the animations or the smoothness of the game engines.

I can't see the video at the moment because Youtube is blocked from my job, but last night I watched the Madden 2008 videos on Gametrailers.com (The Monday Night Football feature they are doing every week) and the animation in Madden this year is looking worse than last year. It is supposed to be using the new branching animation technology, but I think that is making the game animate even worse. Nothing I saw looked life-like at all. I popped in APF 2K8 after watching them and I was just amazed at home life-like its animations are.

urlacher51 08-01-2007 03:33 PM

I didn't realize how bad Ncaa is, game play wise, till i saw that video. And i own Ncaa on the 360. Its still fun to play sometimes tho, but its nowhere as sim as APF is. EA sports= casual gamer, where u can just pick up and play,2k sports=hardcore sim gamer,where there is a learning curve to play their games. Me being an long time Ea football gamer, took me a few games to get use to the way 2k8 plays.And now i just cant stop playing it,lol.

dkrause1971 08-01-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urlacher51 (Post 2037625438)
I didn't realize how bad Ncaa is, game play wise, till i saw that video. And i own Ncaa on the 360. Its still fun to play sometimes tho, but its nowhere as sim as APF is. EA sports= casual gamer, where u can just pick up and play,2k sports=hardcore sim gamer,where there is a learning curve to play their games. Me being an long time Ea football gamer, took me a few games to get use to the way 2k8 plays.And now i just cant stop playing it,lol.

I think thats exactly right, face it the casual gamer doesn't really want to pick the players, make the uniforms, make a playbook, and practice the plays. They want to pick up and play. NCAA has its major place in the marketplace but i personally do not think the gameplay is even close. I also do not see the huge graphic difference that NCAA backers see.

SageInfinite 08-01-2007 03:57 PM

I can see this possibly leading to a thread lock. I do agree that there is no comparison tho. Animations are in another league in APF, and 2k5 for that matter. NCAA is hot this year, but when you compare, you can see EA still has a long way to go before they even match 2K5 in animations and presentation. This thread is bound to upset some people who cant handle the truth. Just like when it was posted in the media thread.

urlacher51 08-01-2007 04:03 PM

And from the vids i saw of madden, i dont think there is gonna be much of a differece in animation between Madden and Ncaa. And thats not a good thing if ur a Madden fan.

Radioactiveman 08-01-2007 04:04 PM

That video makes me want to go home and play video games....stupid work.

ausar72 08-01-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioactiveman (Post 2037625519)
That video makes me want to go home and play video games....stupid work.

It just makes you smile when watching/playing 2K with all of the subtle animations that are in there. Particularly when you are doing them in a game situation. It just seems so natural, the motion that is...