Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA/Madden Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=215021)

Geekboy 08-03-2007 10:48 AM

NCAA/Madden Question

I've played NCAA since 2003. I've never owned or played Madden. I do own 2k5.

I'm thinking about buying Madden this year. I'm asking gameplay only....not features....are Madden and NCAA the same game with just different uniforms, meaning NFL as opposed to college? Same game engine, etc.?

Thanks.

jrod1981 08-03-2007 11:21 AM

Re: NCAA/Madden Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekboy (Post 2037630041)
I've played NCAA since 2003. I've never owned or played Madden. I do own 2k5.

I'm thinking about buying Madden this year. I'm asking gameplay only....not features....are Madden and NCAA the same game with just different uniforms, meaning NFL as opposed to college? Same game engine, etc.?

Thanks.

In the pass they were pretty different as far as the game engine goes. But I believe this year, on 360, they are using the same engine. So you should see/feel similarities this year. Although, i'd expect there to be some difference though. I say pick it up, if you enjoy the NFL, then might as well grab the game and give it a try. I buy NCAA and Madden every year, since like 93, and NCAA ususally takes up more of my playing time. HAHAH, I remember how good Barry Foster of the Steelers used to be!!! Oh the memeories :y7:

Village Idiot 08-03-2007 11:27 AM

Even when they weren't using the same engine they were pretty similar. Button configurations, responsiveness, AI, etc. But I wouldn't say they were the same game with different uniforms, not at all. Generally speaking the games are fine-tuned to reflect the techincal differences between college and pro.

nymets3000 08-03-2007 12:08 PM

Yeah, the pro game is faster and so is Madden. Also, the receivers are a little better, qb have better arms etc.