Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Weather? (/forums/showthread.php?t=215661)

jrivera34 08-08-2007 02:01 PM

Weather?

For the first time in years I did not pick up NCAA football at launch. I read in the review that the game is linked to the weather channel and you game will be played with real-time weather. Since the review said this will happen if you are logged in to Xbox Live, I was wondering if it worked the same for the PS3?

wsdp 08-08-2007 02:11 PM

Re: Weather?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrivera34 (Post 2037641536)
For the first time in years I did not pick up NCAA football at launch. I read in the review that the game is linked to the weather channel and you game will be played with real-time weather. Since the review said this will happen if you are logged in to Xbox Live, I was wondering if it worked the same for the PS3?

Yes (I have it for PS3 - just have to have it connected to the PSN), but this is for PLAY NOW games - not dynasty games... works on-line and off-line. If you play a game at Michigan right now, it'll be 89 & Sunny just like real life.

jrivera34 08-08-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsdp (Post 2037641560)
Yes (I have it for PS3 - just have to have it connected to the PSN), but this is for PLAY NOW games - not dynasty games... works on-line and off-line. If you play a game at Michigan right now, it'll be 89 & Sunny just like real life.

Thank you.

It would be great for dynasty games but it sounds like a really nice feature none the less.

rockchisler 08-08-2007 02:32 PM

Weather has always been sunny and daygame online for me.

mercalnd 08-08-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrivera34 (Post 2037641573)
It would be great for dynasty games

Careful what you wish for. How would you like you Labor Day Weekend game in a particular season to be played in the snow at Michigan because you happen to be playing it on January 3? Or a November game in Ohio to be played in hot summer weather because you're playing in June?

ODogg 08-08-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectralfan (Post 2037641770)
Careful what you wish for. How would you like you Labor Day Weekend game in a particular season to be played in the snow at Michigan because you happen to be playing it on January 3? Or a November game in Ohio to be played in hot summer weather because you're playing in June?

Yeah it would not work in Dynasty at all. Not unless they linked to the previous year's weather for the game date in your dynasty or something like that.