Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Official Team Threads (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   2007 Jets (/forums/showthread.php?t=218601)

NYJets 02-23-2007 10:30 PM

Jets offseason thread

Not a huge surprise but:
Jets | Pennington named starter for 2007 season
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:19:08 -0800
Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini has said QB Chad Pennington is the team's starting quarterback for the 2007 season heading into training camp. "Chad has done an outstanding job and he'll be the starter moving into camp," Mangini said.

Wonder what made Mangini decide to announce a starter, when he wasn't willing to before.

Also Adam Schefter said the Jets will be making a serious run at Adalius Thomas.

Sandman42 02-24-2007 12:36 AM

Re: Jets offseason thread

I was watching NFL Network when Schefter said the Jets were looking to sign Thomas. If we sign him, does he get Hobson's spot at LB?

Jets also cut Trey Teague and Kevan Barlow yesterday and re-signed Hank Poteat earlier this week. I'm surprised they haven't cut Derrick Blaylock yet.

NYJets 02-24-2007 01:39 AM

Probably. Hobson could maybe move inside next to Vilma.

Sandman42 02-28-2007 01:07 PM

It's very likely that the Jets may cut or trade Patrick Ramsey this weekend. Also von Oelhoffen looks to be cut.

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/jets/ar...by_weekend.php

NYJets 02-28-2007 01:23 PM

Good, both were dissapointments.

Spectre 02-28-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJets (Post 2972829)
Good, both were dissapointments.

I agree- Clemens is a fine backup. Sign an undrafted FA as the #3.

Von Oelhoffen was useless- he got no push on the line. Our LB will get a lot better once we beef up the other DE spot. I hope Carriker somehow falls.

Sandman42 02-28-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre (Post 2972865)
I agree- Clemens is a fine backup. Sign an undrafted FA as the #3.

Von Oelhoffen was useless- he got no push on the line. Our LB will get a lot better once we beef up the other DE spot. I hope Carriker somehow falls.

If we don't draft Carriker, and draft someone like Tank Tyler, I could see Robertson moving to DE while a guy like Tyler would play NT.

dieselboy 02-28-2007 07:31 PM

Carriker probably won't last that long.

Are the Jets thinking about moving Robertson to DE? I didn't see a lot of Jets games, but I heard he strugged as the NT in the 3-4.

Or are they more likely to draft a 3-4 DE? Charles Johnson (might be a little small)? Or maybe one in the later rounds? Ikaika Alama-Francis? Ray McDonald?