Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bronze Offensive Linemen (/forums/showthread.php?t=219613)

UNLV_1999 09-05-2007 03:16 PM

Bronze Offensive Linemen

Does anyone thing picking bronze legend offensive linemen up to be worth it? Has anyone noticed a difference vs. just generic guys? I usually pick two bronze linemen up, but I am not sure if I should spend the picks elsewhere such as another receiver or defensive lineman. I have had great success with bronze d-lineman such as Dexter Manley. He led the league in sacks during my first season.

RogueHominid 09-05-2007 03:20 PM

Re: Bronze Offensive Linemen

My brother swears by Kory Stringer, and I think Steve Wisnewski adds something to my line on my Raiders team. The leadership ability is kindof mysterious, but I think it helps the other guys.

DocHolliday 09-05-2007 03:20 PM

I used a bronze wiesnewski for abit. He had leadership. It does help i think, as my yards per carry seemed to dip once i decided to get rid of him.

Ive never really tried a silver or gold.

I dunno, just seems like there are better places to use legends. Online at least.

Its not like i cant run with barry anmore.

RogueHominid 09-05-2007 06:44 PM

I agree, doc, that there are lots of good places to spend your picks, but I've tested and seen some of hte legend o-lineman, and they move bodies more reliably and forcefully than non-legends. I've never tried it, but I wonder what a generic back would do with a legend line.

My favorite o-lineman are Munoz, Otto, Little, St. Clair, and Wisnewski. Haven't really tried any others.

TheShizNo1 09-05-2007 08:38 PM

I have all generic o-line, but I also have Walter Payton. I think maybe the Leadership bonus helps them out b/c, I don't have a problem w/ them.

DJ 09-06-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2037711936)
My brother swears by Kory Stringer, and I think Steve Wisnewski adds something to my line on my Raiders team. The leadership ability is kindof mysterious, but I think it helps the other guys.

I'm a fan of both of these guys as well and they're both on my line right now. I definitely notice a difference when I run plays behind the bronze OL and the generics.