Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Black College Football Game Announced (/forums/showthread.php?t=219630)

KingofPittsburgh 09-05-2007 06:10 PM

Black College Football Game Announced

From IGN.com

The PC sports title will feature teams from historically black colleges and universities.
by September 5, 2007 - Nerjyzed Entertainment, a Baton Rouge, La.-based developer, is working on a new sports game called Black College Football Experience using a five year license the company has secured with three conferences of historically black colleges and universities as well as individual schools.

The PC game is powered by Unreal Engine 3 and will feature more than 40 teams, bands and mascots; interactive halftime shows; realistic stadiums; play-by-play commentary; and ten authentic "Classics," Nerjyzed said in a news release Wednesday.

"Nerjyzed Entertainment was founded by a veteran team whose mission is to create positive interactive products for the urban market," said Jacqueline Beauchamp, chief executive officer of Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc. "As HBCU alumni and black college football enthusiasts, we're proud that BCFx honors our rich tradition and provides an incredibly fun football game for the whole family to play."

The game is set for a November release and will be shown during an upcoming 12-week promotional tour to HBCU campuses.

CM Hooe 09-05-2007 06:19 PM

Re: Black College Football Game Announced

I'm curious to see how a football game would look and run on Unreal3 tech. Given that the game is due in November I'm curious as to whether more information is available.

jmood88 09-05-2007 06:23 PM

Wow if I played pc games I would definitely get this but I still want to see what it looks like and how they have the presentation. If they have black colleges they have to have the bands.

Shakedowncapo 09-05-2007 06:30 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NY2GasxthOM

bigfnjoe96 09-05-2007 08:59 PM

Unreal 3.0 definitely makes this interesting...

http://www.nerjyzed.com/games.html

LBzrule 09-05-2007 09:14 PM

Damn they need to bring that to console. But I might have to get a new PC to get that.

TJdaSportsGuy 09-05-2007 10:24 PM

One of the most enjoyable live sporting events I've ever attended was a North Carolina A&T vs. North Carolina Central game at what was then called Ericsson Stadium, now Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte in it's first year of existence. The bands, the atmosphere, everything about a college football game involving two rivals from historically black colleges...it made for an incredible Saturday afternoon.

I'm going to be watching to see how this title progresses, for sure!

oldpro 09-06-2007 03:05 AM

Looks great, I hope the ai and animations are good. Some people already tripping calling it reverse racism at ign. Doesn't those idiots realize EA Sports sorry butts is the reason no one can make at NCAA D1 game. I will buy this game on Nov.23, 2007.