Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   A Question About NFL Fever 2004 ( PLEASE READ ON ) (/forums/showthread.php?t=219640)

goopaluchie 09-05-2007 07:16 PM

A Question About NFL Fever 2004 ( PLEASE READ ON )

I have a few question's about this game? I asked it in the standard football forum, with no success. There is no longer a listing for the game anymore underneath the football heading. So I am asking it here because part of my question does have to do with the roster.

I with the help of a few people here on this site got me back into X-box gaming and 2K Football. Meaning I ended up trading in my 6th. broken X-box on a 360. I kept all my games, but the contrller's and everything else went bye-bye. People on this site helped me find information on where to get Action Replay, high-def cables, controller's, and a refirbished X-box system. I had to go through 3 trips back and forth to the store because my system didn't work! Well, I finally got a system that works and everything else needed to play 2K football. I am waiting for the roster updates that are supposed to come early September. Thanks guys.

Now on to my questions about Fever.

1- Is the game backwards compatible on the 360 system? Here is why I am asking this my account for live does not work between the systems. It only works when I am on my 360. Eventhough I bought a 13 month subscription.

2- This question ties into that. Does Microsoft still do roster downloads for their Fever game? See how these two tie together? I can have one with out the other. I rented the game and I liked it. But I will not buy it if Microsoft isn't touching the game anymore. And it needs to be backwards compatible.

I will wait to see if anyone here has Fever and can answer my question about it being backwards compatible with the 360. And if so have they tried to download any new roster's for Fever? ( if there are any )

TSOLEliot 09-05-2007 07:26 PM

Re: A Question About NFL Fever 2004 ( PLEASE READ ON )

Fever 2004 is backwards compatible.....

Microsoft doesn't offer Roster Downloads for it anymore.

While waiting on Puja's rosters for 2K5, I've actually been simulating season after season on my 360 to get fictional players w/2K4...It's kinda fun trading draft picks and building a dynasty...but unfortunately, the gameplay isn't the greatest....Trying to pass the ball is a complete nightmare...

goopaluchie 09-05-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSOLEliot (Post 2037712523)

While waiting on Puja's rosters for 2K5, I've actually been simulating season after season on my 360 to get fictional players w/2K4...It's kinda fun trading draft picks and building a dynasty...but unfortunately, the gameplay isn't the greatest....Trying to pass the ball is a complete nightmare...

Thanks for your answer. It is compatible but Microsoft dropped the ball as far as NOT OFFERING any up-dated roster's. Thank you that's what I wanted to know. I will not buy Fever then. There is no point if Microsoft no longer does up-dated roster downloads. I like you am waiting for Puja's roster to come out.

koebner 09-05-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goopaluchie (Post 2037712759)
Thanks for your answer. It is compatible but Microsoft dropped the ball as far as NOT OFFERING any up-dated roster's. Thank you that's what I wanted to know. I will not buy Fever then. There is no point if Microsoft no longer does up-dated roster downloads. I like you am waiting for Puja's roster to come out.

Why would Microsoft update rosters for a four year old game?

TJdaSportsGuy 09-05-2007 10:34 PM

I'm moving this to the correct sub-forum...

andayaman 09-06-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSOLEliot (Post 2037712523)

Passing was was a major postive for me, in this game. Read N Lead was one of the best systems I have ever used. I could hit at least 70% of my attempts, vs. the CPU or a human.

You had the ability to throw in to a spot on the field of your choice. It seemed a bit more challenging than the traditional Point the left stick at the target, and hope the ball gets there. Another thing that I liked was how you can actually control your targeted receiver, while you had your QB on the run. You could actually get a player to find a open zone, rather than let the CPU control your WR to sit in a covered zone.

Unfortunately, I'm assuming that most people weren't able take advantage of the system.

ODogg 09-06-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andayaman (Post 2037714120)
Passing was was a major postive for me, in this game. Read N Lead was one of the best systems I have ever used. I could hit at least 70% of my attempts, vs. the CPU or a human.

You had the ability to throw in to a spot on the field of your choice. It seemed a bit more challenging than the traditional Point the left stick at the target, and hope the ball gets there. Another thing that I liked was how you can actually control your targeted receiver, while you had your QB on the run. You could actually get a player to find a open zone, rather than let the CPU control your WR to sit in a covered zone.

Unfortunately, I'm assuming that most people weren't able take advantage of the system.

Too difficult to use is why.