Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   APF 2K9 Wishlist (/forums/showthread.php?t=220128)

grunt 09-09-2007 04:05 PM

APF 2K9 Wishlist

There are tons of great ideas to improve our game. Let make it easier for the developers to see our ideas.

Peace

grunt 09-09-2007 04:11 PM

Re: Wish list for the next APF2k

This was posted by Lbzrule

LOL we've been through it in every thread. If VC guys are reading you get the picture. The defense needs to be upped. In summary,

1) New Tackling physics
2) Better Read response take off time by linebackers against run as well as blitzing
3) Fronts and alignments need to be addressed
4) Need more coverages and blitzes in the playbook
5) Disguise blitz feature
6) Get the defense to get more realistic results vs offense formation - for instance, Nickel should not be able to do a better job against Pro than 4-3, 3-4, 46, 44.
7) Football is a violent game so give us the violent hits
8) Address the QB issues
9) No Random Gap Blitzing
10) CB coverage technique in deep zone

buttsakk 09-09-2007 04:51 PM

Good stuff LB & grunt, looks like you got most of my gameplay concerns.

How about.

*Deeper franchise(or just add one) ;)
*Enable function to play with/without legends
*Stadium editor
*Able to control more that one team
*More teams
*More Cap to create players
*Generic player editor(Able to edit Anything)

TeeDogg 09-09-2007 05:04 PM

1. make the non powered up shoulder charge more like 2k5, where you can use it to drive forward and initiate contact. in APF you either break the tackle or get plowed, there is no in between for big backs.

2. more wrap tackles that can end with diffrent results, just doesnt feel like i can "posibly" tap out of as many animations as before.

3. more legends, various season mode types and set ups, more teams, more customization.

4. no repeat numbers on the same team.

5. more VC/2K ish overlays and presentation

6. use EA's approach to camera work during Kick offs, apply this to punts and field goals too.

7. opption to randomly generate rosters to play a traditional franchise.

8. multi season fantasy style franchise option, where legends dont age (be creative here)

just keep doing what you do, im sure the next version will start to pick up in the obvious areas now that the gameplay has been established.
great job on APF

CM Hooe 09-09-2007 05:12 PM

-better CAP; better appearance editor, allow us to pick 5 attributes right off the bat for any tier (like the Legends are set up)
-ability to edit generic players using above improved CAP
-franchise mode of some sort... perhaps allow more than 11 legends on a team using a salary cap mechanism, allow for progression of players from generic to gold and back down again, scouting system for rookie draft, etc.
-more create-a-team options; fill up the DVD with them! improve upon an already stellar create-a-team mode
-logo creator using a pixel-by-pixel editor
-create a formation / play
-new commentary lines; not as much recycled from NFL2Kx
-I for one have never had any qualms with the on-field play (a FIRST in a football game for me), but if someone else says something needs fixing, fix it
-make the numbers on the jerseys wider; this bugs me.

grunt 09-09-2007 05:36 PM

Make gamers pay for having an all generic offensive line. I want to see a dominant offensive line man plays like one.

spankdatazz22 09-09-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeDogg (Post 2037724143)
just keep doing what you do, im sure the next version will start to pick up in the obvious areas now that the gameplay has been established.
great job on APF

Agreed

- Redo the juke system. There are a ton of right stick and trigger moves that aren't practical in game situations. Simplify the system/place more emphasis on lateral movement; make it more effective for elusive backs like Barry/OJ/Gayle while slowing down/tone down the spin move

- Allow more user control of cpu teams in exhibition/season/franchise

- Even more attitude. I think they did a great job w/the trash talk and on the field attitude displayed in this year's game; could expand on it a little more

- distinct coach personalities; will make it easier to determine a team's play style

- more uniform customization options. If they allow me to change every team at default I may never leave the house

TeeDogg 09-09-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankdatazz22 (Post 2037724288)
Agreed

- Redo the juke system. There are a ton of right stick and trigger moves that aren't practical in game situations. Simplify the system/place more emphasis on lateral movement; make it more effective for elusive backs like Barry/OJ/Gayle while slowing down/tone down the spin move

- Allow more user control of cpu teams in exhibition/season/franchise

- Even more attitude. I think they did a great job w/the trash talk and on the field attitude displayed in this year's game; could expand on it a little more

- distinct coach personalities; will make it easier to determine a team's play style

- more uniform customization options. If they allow me to change every team at default I may never leave the house

good points on the jukes. definalty took a small step backwards with that, and the right stick juke system. just a small step tho---

unlimited number of "create a legends"

more defensive beasts, i should dread needing time to let a play develope while Reggie White is lined up against me. runing the ball at certain linebackers should be a nightmare.