Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pursuit angle fix, PS2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=223418)

fistofrage 10-04-2007 09:31 AM

Pursuit angle fix, PS2

The pursuit angles have been messed up in the current gen. Normally, once you break a run past the line to the outside, the AI takes a bad angle and you can take it to the house. I played a few games over the past couple days and turned Auto Strafe ON and my guys were getting tracked down from behind down field because proper angles will be taken. Its only a few games, but it seems to work. Oh, this is on heisman with human RB ability at 15 and AI Def awr at 99.

thelasthurtknee 10-04-2007 12:21 PM

Re: Pursuit angle fix, PS2

intresting. i'll try that. i just switched over from the 360(which i liked alot) and now that i'm on xbox i can't believe i played that garbage on 360. its so nice to play a game and enjoy playing defense and put touch on the ball. i'm using your sliders with a few adjustments and havent noticed to bad of angles but the safetys do seem lost alot. i'll try this out thanks.

Deegeezy 10-04-2007 03:46 PM

How exactly will turning Auto Strafe On help the CPU defenders?

I play with CPU TAK and AWR at 99% and I am STILL seeing bad angles once I get into the 2nd level of the defense.

fistofrage 10-04-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2037796487)
How exactly will turning Auto Strafe On help the CPU defenders?

I play with CPU TAK and AWR at 99% and I am STILL seeing bad angles once I get into the 2nd level of the defense.

I don't know why it would. All I can say is that over the last few games, Javon Ringer(My 93 speed HB for MSU) has been tracked down by the safeties who had the angle on him. In the previous games I played with it off, once I got 15 yards down field I was going the distance. It may or may not be a fix, just wanted to throw it out there. The only explantion I have is that they don't immediately run where the ball is, they get square first and then take the angle.

The problem with the angles is that the defenders were running to where the ball is right now as opposed to where it will be by the time they can get there. Its just stupid AI logic, but this might help fix it. I guarantee it won't fix it 100%.

Deegeezy 10-04-2007 05:45 PM

I always thought the Auto Strafe was a user option and has no impact on the CPU team.

You're right, they run to where the ball was rather where it is going to be. I think something got screwed up when they added gang tackling. Like I wonder if the players are setting themselves up for a gang tackle or something.

I hate to say it but I miss the days where every single player on defense, regardless of skill, took a perfect angle to the ball carrier.

fistofrage 10-04-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2037796908)
I always thought the Auto Strafe was a user option and has no impact on the CPU team.

You're right, they run to where the ball was rather where it is going to be. I think something got screwed up when they added gang tackling. Like I wonder if the players are setting themselves up for a gang tackle or something.

I hate to say it but I miss the days where every single player on defense, regardless of skill, took a perfect angle to the ball carrier.

Autostrafe is probably just a user option, but I've broke less long runs this way. And I too miss the days when the AI took good angles.

I also miss the days when you could miss a fg. EA really are a bunch of clowns. how can they miss this stuff?

I have so many house rules, its a chore to get good games in these days.

JMHawki 10-05-2007 03:24 AM

Hey Fist, have you ever tried lowering tackle slider? I myself have found that when I lower tackle slider(usually about halfway); To me it sort of makes the cpu/my def "Swarm" more to the ballcarrier..... Now let me preface this by saying I am a very straight ahead runner and not really adept at spins and jukes and such... So it might work for my "runnin style"..... Also this is for the PS2... P.S. I'm gonna try out 'yer suggestion with the Auto Strafe it sounds cool....

TheShizNo1 01-03-2008 02:24 PM

So does this really help?